Gaming Going to be getting a used Wii...

iTStorm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Anything I need to know?

The owner told me this:

1. Hasn't been modded
2. 3 years old, imported from US
3. Has my country charger (220v EU)
4. Perfectly Working
5. Price is 4,500 INR which is 83.55 USD
6. Comes with Super Smash Bros. Brawl (YAY SMASH STACK), Wii Sports and a Mario game (he hasn't told me which mario game)
7. Comes with 2 Wii remotes, 2 Nunchuks, rechargeable batteries (with charger)

I'm going to the owner's place tomorrow (probably) to try out the system and buy it.

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Wii's are region locked so if that Wii's from the US it'll only work with US games, you'll need to import from the US if you buy new games.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Anything I need to know?

The owner told me this:

1. Hasn't been modded
2. 3 years old, imported from US
3. Has my country charger (220v EU)
4. Perfectly Working
5. Price is 4,500 INR which is 83.55 USD
6. Comes with Super Smash Bros. Brawl (YAY SMASH STACK), Wii Sports and a Mario game (he hasn't told me which mario game)
7. Comes with 2 Wii remotes, 2 Nunchuks, rechargeable batteries (with charger)

I'm going to the owner's place tomorrow (probably) to try out the system and buy it.
Actually you can hack a Wii without a game too, with letterbomb :)

But before you hack it (that is if you DO hack it) update it to the last system first, don't think on updating by a game, it can install a wrong region and brick your wii immediately, update the wii from the internet when you get it :)

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
But before you hack it (that is if you DO hack it) update it to the last system first, don't think on updating by a game, it can install a wrong region and brick your wii immediately, update the wii from the internet when you get it :)
Erm. No. And I mean NO!

Christ...it's okay if you don't know much of hacking, but please...don't pretend that you do and give totally the wrong information. The last firmwares (4.2 and 4.3) did nothing but some antipiracy measures. While you can still do letterbomb and smash stack on 4.3, why bother blocking bannerbomb to begin with? Just hack the thing as is and block updates (both from the internet and from discs) with priiloader.

On the other things...3 years old may just be old enough to install bootmii as boot2, but it's no guarantee (no biggie, though). The only thing I'd check is to make sure all the included games are from the NTSC region as well. Well...and that the sensor bar is delivered with the thing as well (this may not be as given as you think: the basic wiiU version in the US comes without it...it's not very unlikely he wants to keep it for himself).

iTStorm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Erm. No. And I mean NO!

Christ...it's okay if you don't know much of hacking, but please...don't pretend that you do and give totally the wrong information. The last firmwares (4.2 and 4.3) did nothing but some antipiracy measures. While you can still do letterbomb and smash stack on 4.3, why bother blocking bannerbomb to begin with? Just hack the thing as is and block updates (both from the internet and from discs) with priiloader.

On the other things...3 years old may just be old enough to install bootmii as boot2, but it's no guarantee (no biggie, though). The only thing I'd check is to make sure all the included games are from the NTSC region as well. Well...and that the sensor bar is delivered with the thing as well (this may not be as given as you think: the basic wiiU version in the US comes without it...it's not very unlikely he wants to keep it for himself).

Is there any advantage to doing BannerBomb rather than LetterBomb?

Patxinco

Riding a Shooting Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Is there any advantage to doing BannerBomb rather than LetterBomb?
The thing is, why you want to block bugs that can possibly, help you in a future, for nothing?

Best SM in my opinion is 4.1, next ones are all antipiracy measures, so don't update.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Erm. No. And I mean NO!

Oh really? What about the IOS updates, no one is giving a shit about the version, what matters is the IOS, not to mention the newest update adds IOS 61 and updates the Wii Shop Channel, therefore if he hacks it, its already fully updated and he doesn't need to update his IOS neither the wads -_-

I was stating for him to update the Wii first, THEN hack the Wii, of course it will need priiloader and bootmii -_-

You are not teaching me anything to begin with, also I like Letterbomb better than Smash Stack.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Modmii can get all that (as well as Dop-mii, NUS downloader and a whole bunch of other programs).

I know what you said. I just disagree with it. Menu channel 4.1 is the best, albeit not with an all too wide margin (in other words: it's not worth it downgrading if you're on a version higher than that).

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Modmii can get all that (as well as Dop-mii, NUS downloader and a whole bunch of other programs).

I know what you said. I just disagree with it. Menu channel 4.1 is the best, albeit not with an all too wide margin (in other words: it's not worth it downgrading if you're on a version higher than that).
Why risk on using modmii and other IOS updating programs if you can just update the normal way? Not to mention the system menu from 4.1 and 4.3 look exactly the same.

iTStorm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Owner is busy today, he said to come tomorrow since he has people over at his place and he needs to go to work at 9:30PM (guessing night shift?)

EDIT, a day after: BOUGHT IT FOR 4000 :) (74.49 USD)

Bootmii can only be installed as IOS sadly, and it's on 4.3U (idk why.. WiiConnect24?), but it's all good. Didn't come with SSBB, but it came with Wii Sports, Wii Play, and a Marvel game (lolwut?)

Probably going to hack it Saturday..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou