Hacking Godmode 9 not launching

D

Deleted User

Could someboy help me out please? I followed the guide. I downloaded the necessary files and put them into the intended folder. The 3DS won´t boot into the Luma Chainloader Menu. Don´t know what to do now.

Last edited by ,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could someboy help me out please? I followed the guide. I downloaded the necessary files and put them into the inteded folder. The 3DS won´t boot into the Luma Chainloader Menu. Don´t know what to do now.
What version does it say you have?

kraqh3d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Be more specific. Exactly what did you do from the guide? What are you getting on screen? Pop out your SD card and boot holding Select. Do you see the Luma 7.1 config menu? It's good if you do.

What are the contents of the root of your SD card and sd:/luma/payloads? Did you copy the boot.firm from the Luma 7.1 zip file onto the root of your SD card? Based off what we found out earlier, you won't get anywhere without doing this.

Last edited by kraqh3d,
D

Deleted User

I have finished Section 1 -Prep Work.
I´m currently at Section 2 - installing boot9strap where i have to boot into the chainloader menu by pressing and holding start.
The boot.firm from Luma 7.1 is on the root of the sd card.

Attachments

• sd root.jpg
    sd root.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 249
  • CIA folder.jpg
    CIA folder.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 248
  • Luma_payloads folder.jpg
    Luma_payloads folder.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 250
  • boot9strap.jpg
    boot9strap.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 204

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have finished Section 1 -Prep Work.
I´m currently at Section 2 - installing boot9strap where i have to boot into the chainloader menu by pressing and holding start.
The boot.firm from Luma 7.1 is on the root of the sd card.
Then redownload Luma 7.1 and move the boot.firm to the SD card root. I know you already have it there but it helps to have a fresh boot.firm. Then try to access the chainloader by pressing and holding start as you boot your system.

D

Deleted User

Then redownload Luma 7.1 and move the boot.firm to the SD card root. I know you already have it there but it helps to have a fresh boot.firm. Then try to access the chainloader by pressing and holding start as you boot your system.
Thanks. I will try right away.

Update: I get into Godmode9 again. It says that essential files back up not found. Create one now?

Update 2: Sorry my fault. I should have read your post more carefully. I mistook the update B9S Guide with the A9LH to B9S Guide.

Update 3: I successfully finished the installation. I can boot into Godmode, Lumachainloader and Rosalina now without a problem!

Thank you for your time, help, and patience!

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

Make sure to update Luma on your ctr sysnand too. The guide as a gm9 script for that.
Is this the Section V - CTRNAND Luma 3DS? If yes, then i made that update.

Thanks for your support.

Last edited by ,

KKTheDev

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Everything looks named correctly, and it's definitely booting from SD card not CTR-NAND, so I don't know why it isn't working. However, you can get around it by putting GodMode9.firm on the root and renaming it to boot.firm (rename the original one something else temporarily). This way you'll automatically boot into it.

So... I am very new to this whole thing and have been also having troubles with getting GodMode to launch. I tried renaming it and putting it in my root, but it still doesn't launch. Maybe an issue not associated with the files?

KKTheDev

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
What happens when you hold Start on boot? What happens when you hold Select on boot? What version Luma does it say you have? What do you have in your luma/payloads folder?

When I hold start while booting, it will just take me to my normal home screen with my games and apps. Select will do the same thing, occasionally my 3ds will just not turn on when doing it. as for my version of Luma I have 9.0 installed. The only thing I have in my payloads folder is the GodMode9.firm file.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
When I hold start while booting, it will just take me to my normal home screen with my games and apps. Select will do the same thing, occasionally my 3ds will just not turn on when doing it. as for my version of Luma I have 9.0 installed. The only thing I have in my payloads folder is the GodMode9.firm file.
Are you holding Select *before* pressing power? If you don't see the config menu when you hold Select on boot that means your console does not have CFW at all.

ForsGear

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I have faced today the same problem , the problem was with the folder name . I called it - playloads instead of payloads ) , in my opinion this is bad name of folder for gamer console :)

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
since this is a thread about gm9 not working i thuink i can ask here:
i have a o3ds with fw 4.5, i want to do a backup before remove my fw 4.5 (and so lost gateway mode), i've tried godmode9.dat by using internet browser, but after the words "godmode9 is launching", 3ds return to home and give me a error...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.