Goddamn video game industry

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ojsinnerz. said:
Rune Factory 3 sold 11k so far. It's been out for 2 weeks now. The previous Rune Factory games sold nearly triple that on the first week. And he said releasing it on the same date as Black ops won't make a difference. Oh how you wrong you were.

I'm sure most people who buy Rune Factory don't care for Black Ops, and visa versa.

As for Vanquish, that is damn sad. I'll make sure to buy a copy when I have the cash. Hell I'll even buy new to support a dev for once.

We are coming to an age though where games that simple rehash another game are hugely popular and games that try something new or different are just not appreciated. MadWorld sold dismally but was an awesome game. I'm proud I got my copy like right after launch and I'd still buy it now. Same goes for No More Heroes and its sequel (although the sequel sucked).

Better buy the good games now so we can all reminisce about how good all the "obscure" games were back in the day. Especially after the famous Video Game Crash of 2020. I'll never forget that... Well, once it happens.

joybeba6679

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those same goddamn companies are the ones to blame, its their fault things are how they are, making stupid games or the same old shit with a new name and having the balls to charge you $60 for it. How in the world do they want people to buy a game that its NOT worth what they charge for it??? Screw them...

ojsinnerz.

Damned
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
joybeba6679 said:
Those same goddamn companies are the ones to blame, its their fault things are how they are, making stupid games or the same old shit with a new name and having the balls to charge you $60 for it. How in the world do they want people to buy a game that its NOT worth what they charge for it??? Screw them...
RF3 was 30 bucks, just saying. It's a DS game.

Secondly, I don't regret spending 60 bucks on the game at all. It gave me what a game was supposed to be. A fun and refreshing experience with innovations and new ideas, just like the games in the old days. Oh, and K-Mart had a sale with Vanquish on it's release week. It was going for like 30 bucks.

QUOTE(Guild McCommunist @ Nov 21 2010, 07:53 PM) I'm sure most people who buy Rune Factory don't care for Black Ops, and visa versa.
You'd be surprised. It's like saying "People that play fighting games won't play black ops because it's of a different genre". Well, if you take a look at my friends list on PSN, half of them got a copy of Black Ops on day one.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
And another thing. The industry seems to give up on a title after a few weeks. Any title gets shoved in the bargain bin after a month (especially if the initial sales aren't stellar), and if a game is a hidden gem, by the time word of mouth has created some interest, it has already been declared a flop and subsequent sales won't count. And even if it sells hundreds of thousands in the months and years to follow, it won't generate a profit and it will still be a flop.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-