Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
The Glucoboy.

title_image.png

QUOTE said:
By itself, the Glucoboy is an advanced blood glucose meter that is extremely accurate and highly precise using only a 0.6µL sample of blood!

But wait! Before you all go "WTF!!?!? This is in no way related to the DS!!! GTFO n00b!!1!", check this out:

QUOTEn addition to a stand-alone blood glucose meter, the Glucoboy contains 2 full length video games and a mini-arcade. To access the video games, the Glucoboy must be inserted into the cartridge slot on a Nintendo Game Boy® Advance System, or into the Game Boy® cartridge slot on a Nintendo DS.

Blood glucose test results are converted into Glucose Reward Points (GRPs) that can be used to unlock games, or converted to in game currency. For example, in the included Knock ‘Em Downs game, GRPs can be converted into tokens. In the game, tokens can be spent to purchase items.

Game descriptions here.

title_games.png

The games seem like the usual meh generic RPG/Wak-A-Mole/SHUMP titles, and the system is somewhat flawed (I can just about imagine the kid going around stabbing people with the sample needle in order to get Glucose Points), but the general idea is commendable.

EDIT: In case you missed it, this game is aimed at diabetics, who would be watching their glucose either way, and definitely isn't intended to promote stabbing oneself or others among non-diabetics.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Is this some edutainment style title to encourage diabetic kids to properly regulate their blood sugar or is it aimed at everyone?

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Is this some edutainment style title to encourage diabetic kids to properly regulate their blood sugar or is it aimed at everyone?
Diabetic kids. It's meant to make their daily self-stabbing a little less harrowing.

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Wow, this is truly great, as a kid I had a friend that was diabetic..he really had some hard times everyday. I'm sure this would have made it easier for him. Now that Glucoboy...doesn't sound right to me for some reason >_

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Olllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllld.

I had this back when i was going into 8th grade.
Um, that's a very relative measure. Some people were in the 8th grade twenty years ago, some are still in the 8th grade.

leetdude_007

Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is most awesomest way to control my glucose levels! I would get one, even if I'm not diabetic... since this is the USA. Any of your fat gamers should get one too. You're going to be losing a limb sooner or later.

but in all seriousness, I hope somebody figures out to integrate this with homebrew.

PBC

What!? I can change this??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've heard of sheading blood sweat and tears to master a video game. BUT THIS IS abit much!

j/k this seems like a very welcome idea for diabetic kiddys

Godot0102

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I will have to recommend this to a diabetic gamer i know. A DS pedometer should have been released for Duke's walking navi, that would have been a nice addition.What's next, a heart rate monitor? or maybe a digital thermometer for cooking mama?

Speaking of accessories, a finished gps receiver would be nice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://web.facebook.com/sibuheaven/videos/406375842373690/?rdid=LNFAJijJnwxIB89m