Glitchless Games

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
A week ago, I was playing Zelda Oracle of Ages, and since it's a game I've been playing over and over and over since 2004, this time I felt like playing it differently with the aid of cheatcodes.

I enabled a: "Walk through walls" cheatcode that only worked ever so often... but actually let me walk over holes allowing me to reach places or screens that requires an item to jump over said holes.

Near the begging of the game, there's an event in which you must save an animal called Mosh, that's needed to fly over holes in order to retrieve a key that opens up a dungeon. Yeah... totally skipped that 👍

After retrieving the key with the aid of "Walk over pits" cheatcode, Mosh disappeared, concluding an event that didn't triggered in the first place.
Couple hours later, found myself completing 3 dungeons.

Before reaching the 4th, there's another event in which you must save Mosh from getting lost in the Lost Woods.
I made my way to the Lost Woods, walked through pits and some screens, found Mosh, indeed lost... and couldn't interact with him. 😏...

The game didn't got past that point because I needed Mosh to go over holes (a second time) in order to save some carpenters, needed to build a bridge that opened the path to the next area where the 4th dungeon is.
The game, kinda softlocked just because I didn't interacted with Mosh in the first place. 😅

Anyway, had to delete my save file ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

I always have thought of those games as "Glitchless", since I've never seen any kind of trick/setup/button combo that will allow (me) to get an advantage, skip events, sequence breaking or get early items.
Both Zelda Oracle games doesn't has any kind of glitches that an user can pull out easily, at least in my experience. And it's pretty weird considering that nearly all Zelda games, has some sort of glitch that will allow sequence break and even early items.

This has had me thinking, if there's more games that doesn't has glitches in them... and I'm curious to know if you have played a game that doesn't has them.

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Metroid Fusion is pretty damn close. Famously has a glitch that the game knows you performed, and gives you a secret dialogue box due to performing it. It has other glitches through but very few. Perfectly glitchless though I don't believe exists if it's more complex then...Pong.

• Wow
Reactions: JuanMena

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Metroid Fusion is pretty damn close. Famously has a glitch that the game knows you performed, and gives you a secret dialogue box due to performing it. It has other glitches through but very few. Perfectly glitchless though I don't believe exists if it's more complex then...Pong.
Right! Last time I played Metroid Fusion was probably a year ago, and yes, I can't recall any glitches in that game.

Totally slipped my mind.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luigi's Mansion is also extremely light on Glitches. The only two glitches I can think of are clipping out of bounds just after area 1 and the key of the last portrait ghost despawning if you leave the room.

Reactions: JuanMena

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A week ago, I was playing Zelda Oracle of Ages, and since it's a game I've been playing over and over and over since 2004, this time I felt like playing it differently with the aid of cheatcodes.

I enabled a: "Walk through walls" cheatcode that only worked ever so often... but actually let me walk over holes allowing me to reach places or screens that requires an item to jump over said holes.

Near the begging of the game, there's an event in which you must save an animal called Mosh, that's needed to fly over holes in order to retrieve a key that opens up a dungeon. Yeah... totally skipped that 👍

After retrieving the key with the aid of "Walk over pits" cheatcode, Mosh disappeared, concluding an event that didn't triggered in the first place.
Couple hours later, found myself completing 3 dungeons.

Before reaching the 4th, there's another event in which you must save Mosh from getting lost in the Lost Woods.
I made my way to the Lost Woods, walked through pits and some screens, found Mosh, indeed lost... and couldn't interact with him. 😏...

The game didn't got past that point because I needed Mosh to go over holes (a second time) in order to save some carpenters, needed to build a bridge that opened the path to the next area where the 4th dungeon is.
The game, kinda softlocked just because I didn't interacted with Mosh in the first place. 😅

Anyway, had to delete my save file ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

I always have thought of those games as "Glitchless", since I've never seen any kind of trick/setup/button combo that will allow (me) to get an advantage, skip events, sequence breaking or get early items.
Both Zelda Oracle games doesn't has any kind of glitches that an user can pull out easily, at least in my experience. And it's pretty weird considering that nearly all Zelda games, has some sort of glitch that will allow sequence break and even early items.

This has had me thinking, if there's more games that doesn't has glitches in them... and I'm curious to know if you have played a game that doesn't has them.
The original Luigi's Mansion is very light on glitches. One of the few glitches however is rather major and allows clipping to the final boss.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I'd probably say the only games that are truly glitchless are visual novels. They don't have any gameplay to glitch and you're basically pressing one button throughout the whole game, so even if one did have unintended glitches you'd be hard-pressed to make them happen.

On the opposite end of the spectrum...Pokemon Red, Blue, and Green are so full of glitches that the intro is permanently glitched. You can't go five minutes without experiencing something unintended happening.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp