Hacking GHWT SD DLC Workaround

jkeysers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tueidj said:
jkeysers said:
Are you telling me that that "update" isn't actually the 3.3 system update I need, but just IOS37 which I need to run the game correctly?
QUOTE said:
Exactly.
Excellent, that's brilliant! Makes life much easier. I will do it tonight. It's really hard to find information about this on the internet, so i'm glad to finally have it sorted. Cheers!

Is it safe to do that update? Does that mean I won't have to do the Softchip and cIOS37 if I do?
Glad it was too hot to stay home last night or I might have done it last night.
rolleyes.gif
Yes it safe, and once it's done you don't need softchip (since you have the original disc). More confirmation, if you need it: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=130540
If I'd read your first post probably and realized you had a legit copy of the game I would have just said "Do the update" straight off. My bad. The only game I've personally found to have a 3.3 update included is Disaster: Day of Crisis but there's probably more out there now.

(And yeah these consecutive 40+ degree days can piss right off. Thank god I don't use public transport.)
Are you in Australia? Man it's hot here in Melbourne! Glad I work in an air conditioned office.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Are you in Australia? Man it's hot here in Melbourne! Glad I work in an air conditioned office.
Perhaps there's another place in the world currently in the middle of a heatwave that causes the bush to burst into flames and the city to shut down because their trams and trains are supplied by the lowest bidder. But I'm betting there isn't.

Know what's better than air conditioning at work? Working from home when you have a swimming pool
biggrin.gif

jkeysers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tueidj said:
QUOTE said:
Perhaps there's another place in the world currently in the middle of a heatwave that causes the bush to burst into flames and the city to shut down because their trams and trains are supplied by the lowest bidder. But I'm betting there isn't.
Haha, it's pretty bad isn't it. Just about as hot as I can remember it even getting here. Nudging 45 degrees. If any Americans are wondering, thats 110-115o F.

Know what's better than air conditioning at work? Working from home when you have a swimming pool
biggrin.gif
Now I am jealous. And I don't even have an A/C at my house. GHWT/RB has been put completely on hold, it's too damn hot to be drumming!

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've been living here for about 10 years, the only other time I can remember the north wind making everything this hot was new years day 2006. That was only a single day and hardly anyone was working, so it wasn't very bad at all compared to this.
Surprisingly the power hasn't failed yet. I think that would be pretty awesome about now, since the pool is looking really tempting and I'm sick of staring at this screen.

jkeysers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Worked a treat! Thanks a heap mate. Will that IOS37 stop me having problems with RB2 DLC (when it comes out here), or will I need to do something else?

Thanks again.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you're using a NTSC copy of RB2 and you're on a PAL wii, I don't think DLC will ever work even after it is released in PAL regions. You'll have to get a PAL copy of the game when it comes out for DLC to work.

jkeysers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Fair enough. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. RB2 wont be out in Australia for ages no doubt. I assume Europe will be the first PAL region to get it. Wonder when that will be...

jkeysers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Not long to wait then. But even then I wont be able to buy DLC will I because it wont be out in Australia? Is it possible to change my country and then buy it?

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think it will probably come out here on the same day. There's really only 3 regions: NTSC-U (US), PAL (AUS+NZ+Most of EUR) and NTSC-J (Japan). Individual country codes are used when the wii talks to the shop server, but I don't think it does any country specific checking.

kebabinho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
strange, i have gone back and checked the version im on and now it says 3.2E. Nothing has asked me for an update.
No worries, atleast i can install starfall now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pikachu charge my tesla