Hacking gh5 black screen

smitty1258

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried playing gh5 backup on my wii this morning, black screen using neagamma r7.

was on 3.3u and read a bit in the forums, looked as if I needed to update to 4.1u to get a new ios 60/61

which I did using the official update from the wii menu.

after updating.

homebrew channel works fine, backup loader works fine with other games still.

tried to launch the game again using neogamme r7, green screen , then still the black screen.

then went ahead and tried Dop-IOS updating 36 and 60. still a no go.

what do I need to do to be able to play this?

using ios249 rev 14 as well.

have bootmii and nand backup as well.

ShakaHeath

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You might use the search engine to find what you need...

You can run the game through softchip if you have IOS222/223 installed (IOS37 mergwit36) or you can install cIOSCORP 3.3 and the cIOS56 WAD and run the game through Disc Channel.

smitty1258

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so I now tried this "install cIOSCORP 3.3 and the cIOS56 WAD and run the game through Disc Channel."

so i cIOSCORP 3.3 and the wad

the game shows up in the wii menu, and when you click on it it plays the gh5 sound, but when you try to run the game a new black screen comes up and says

an error has occurred.
press the eject button, remove the game disc, and turn the power off. read the manual........

Radirgy Knight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had the same problem smitty1258... i did everything that was recommended here and just, just fixed it!:

My advanced Wii-hacking buddy saved my butt -- yet again!

I had installed the proper WAD from here but it did not work for me either! My buddy gave me a *MODDED* WAD file and after installation, the game booted beautifully.

If you need the WAD -- and are getting a brief green screen then black nothingness -- give me a shout.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UyxeZ7JYwZs&pp=ygUJVnIgaXMgZ2F5 +1