Getting wifi on desmuME

GETTING WIFI TO WORK ON DESMUME

First you will need a couple of things:

A Computer(of course)
A wired internet connection (via LAN cable)
Win PCap(PROVIDED)
A wi-fi compatible DesmuME(PROVIDED)
Any wi-fi compatible game.(DO NOT ASK FOR ANY LINKS TO ROMS OF COURSE....)

STEP 1 : Download this pack DesmuME wifi pack this contains Win Pcap and the other things you will need. Also a version 0.9.7 of desmuME with wifi capabilities enabled by slytherx HERE.Whichever version of desmume you are using ( 32 or 64 bit) in its own folder... along with any other files the emu may need in that same folder along with it.

STEP 2: Unzip contents and Install Win Pcap.After installation make sure and give Win Pcap exceptions in all firewall software..When installing Winpcap..check the option for starting the driver as windows starts up.

STEP 3: Open DesmuME(IMPORTANT NOTE....ALL WINDOWS 7/WINDOWS VISTA USERS MUST OPEN DESMUME AS AN ADMINISTRATOR OR ELSE AN ERROR WOULD OCCUR WHEN CONNECTING TO WIFI" and go to Config--->Emulation settings. Now set the correct paths for the ARM 7 BIOS, ARM 9 bios and Firmware bin...of course it would be wherever you downloaded it to...Make sure the "Use external Bios image" "Use external firmware image" ,"Boot from firmware like the nds" AND "Enabled Advanced bus level timing" are all checked...I am not sure about the rest so leave them unchecked.. It would now look like this...

http://img153.imageshack.us/i/setupg.png

STEP 4: IN desmuME still go to Conifg---> wifi and click on "Infrastructure mode"

STEP 5:Now open your game and go into Nintendo Wi-fi settings and search for an access point...u should see "SOFT AP" as one...test connection to that and it should work...I think this must be done every time you open/close the emulator....(Hey can't be too perfect)

STEP 6:Enjoy....
yaynds.gif

TRYFORCE's TUTORIAL ON GETTING WIFI TO WORK ON DesmuME ON ANDROID COMPATIBLE DEVICES

TryForce said:
Android users are in luck!!! I just tested WFC in pokemon black according to the op's tutorial except my connection to the internet is via USB tether to my Andoid phone!
I have a rooted MyTouch 3G (I'll try it on my new MyTouch 4g next week).
I'm running a hacked ver. of Cyanogen 6.1 Signed. I'm simply using Cyanogen mod's built-in USB tether.

Here's what I did:
a. Follow Lune's directions for DesmuME and winPcap setup.
b. Disconnect your current active internet connection.
c. Plug your 3g/4g data capable android device into a USB (2.0) port in your PC.
d. Set your phone to tether via USB. In Cyanogen 6.1 this can be done via Settings->Wireless & networks->Tethering. Check the box next to usb tethering.
e. Verify that you have established an internet connection. Windows 7 sees my device as a network adapter called "Remote NDIS based internet sharing device". Regardless of the device ID, you should have a valid IP and be able to browse the web.
f. Restart Windows (This is necessary to let winpcap work "its magic").
g. Don't forget to run desmume as administrator in Windows 7/Windows vista!!
h. In desmume's wifi settings (config->wi-fi), you should see your android device's manufacturer in the dropdown box. Mine simply said "HTC". Select it.
i. You should be set!

Again, this was tested on a rooted mytouch 3g running Cyanogen 6.1. Results may vary. I can probably help some people who need it. For more information about rooting your android device, check out the cyanogen mod forums (make sure you understand the risks involved).

Thanks for this tut, Lune!

Video of me on gts in Pokemon White
Went on GTS

Video of a wifi battle on Pokemon white (lost of course..):
Wfi battle

NOTE:AGAIN I HEARD THIS ONLY WORKS FOR WIRED CONNECTIONS you could try on wireless i guess...

GAMES TESTED SO FAR:

Pokemon White/Black:Works good was able to do random battle and go on gts...i think union room has Anti piracy stuff in it but didnt try it..
Mario kart DS:For some reason everything goes well but race never starts
Yugioh World Championship 2011:Over the nexus : Works very good no problems..
Tetris Ds:Works great

ERROR TROUBLESHOOTING

BEFORE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING MAKE SURE THESE THINGS ARE DONE FIRST:
-Again..have a wired connection by a cable (lan cable)
-Run desmuME as an administrator
-"For anyone getting 'Unable to get IP address' or 'Unable to connect to Nintendo Wi-fi network' errors, you need to check your router firewall settings. I use DD-WRT and an enabled SPI Firewall will not allow you access, disabling that let everything work fine.(by Forumpost)
-Disabling any firewalls that you think would be blocking the process...
-WINDOWS 7/WINDOWS VISTA users must go to network and sharing center and make sure that your connection type is set to HOME network and NOT PUBLIC OR WORK(work may work but meh)
-In the Wi-fi settings in desmume make sure it is set ton infrastructure mode and also the correct bridging is enabled with your ETHERNET CONTROLLER (your network adapter)
- Try pressing tab when connecting to nintendo wi fi connection..weird but might work

Emulator doesn't save: You would have to go into PATH SETTINGS and set your own paths for screenchots,cheats,roms,saveram etc.

Error Code 52000/52001/52002:Check your modem status and change it from bridging to PPPOE or PPPOA(sometimes work).Also double check the WEP key you entered(if used).Make sure if your on windows 7 that you have run the emulator as an administrator and also check that it's connection is an exception in your firewall/antivirus software

Error Code 52100:There could be Ip address conflict going on...you will have to give your ds its own ip address rather than using dhcp to find its own..check HERE
for help on doing that(too long to type..).Also you can try chaging the dns to 4.2.2.2 4.2.2.3 4.2.2

Error with saving wifi settings: "try keeping the external bios and firmware but without booting to ds on."

CREDITS GO TO:
DJPlace:Testing Mario kart ds
Dreamboy21: For information on the firewall exceptions and testing Tetris Ds
ryuga93:Info on error 52000
slytherx: HUGE THANKS for compiling the 0.9.7 version to use wi-fi
Forumpost: For information on disabling firewall in router settings
soc4real: For information on bridging connection with Ethernet controllers.
Tryforce:Another HUGE THANKS for tutorial on getting wi-fi to work using android devices.
Chojo: with help on error 52100
Jayc & 007 shinobi: Help on getting wifi settings to save
kay2kid: on help in "speed up connect" method

liban100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unknowndevil said:
liban100 said:
Unknowndevil said:
liban100 said:
Hey i found a way to fix all problems AND save wifi settings this is what happened once again wifi wasn't working so i decided to give it up i disabled the firmware stuff and the next day i thought i'd try again forgeting about firmware stuff wifi was already saved! i don't know if its just me but i think everyone should give it a try ^^

so did you succeed in trading also?

yeah i've traded loads of times in GTS

not in GTS but in friend code trade
because im starting new game and I want old pokemon like dratini send over to start on training
so I wish to use friend code trading

yeah but it takes along time because you have to get a new friend code every time and yes i've tried it wanted to evolve my electabuzz

liban100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AngeloftheNight091 said:
I have been able to get this to successfully work and have done wifi on them for mass amounts of hours.. I havent used it in like 2 weeks and I go to use it today and I get a Nintendo Wifi Error 20104. Can someone please assist on how to fix this issue?

It says I need to go to options in the wifi configuration settings, and erase my wfc id.. But i cant click on it or get into it.

Thanks

hey
biggrin.gif
i used to get that error and for some reason it used to only work one time a day anyway i fixed it by not using the bios and if you do that it already saves the wifi settings by itself dunno if it'll work for you though but worth a try.

ugadawgs777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I'm sure this has already been covered, but is this at all possible on a mac? Because right now I have desmume 0.9.7 for mac along with Pokemon Black, but I can't connect to wireless...

knight-felix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there any way to save our friend codes? is it even POSSIBLE?

so far i have succeeded to trade pokemon on my white ROM, but always fail at union and FC trades.
even so, i want to know how the emulator(desmume) handle the wifi feature and why it cannot save my code....

days before i went to test things on my desmume (the 0.9.7 wifi ver. by slytherX) and succeeded on saving my config by not using the external bios and firmware.

Of course when i first configured the wifi settings, i turned the external bios and firmware on, i kept getting the 52000 error and decided to reset lots of time.....fed up with all those error i got, i tried to uncheck the external bios and firmware, and VOILA! the emu saves the config all by itself(and i even succeed to do the wifi) I dunno how i got it to work anymore, i just tested another copy of the same desmume and never got the same result with my method before....wonder why :/

note: i use windows 7 OS if it makes any differences

liban100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
knight-felix said:

so far i have succeeded to trade pokemon on my white ROM, but always fail at union and FC trades.
even so, i want to know how the emulator(desmume) handle the wifi feature and why it cannot save my code....

days before i went to test things on my desmume (the 0.9.7 wifi ver. by slytherX) and succeeded on saving my config by not using the external bios and firmware.

Of course when i first configured the wifi settings, i turned the external bios and firmware on, i kept getting the 52000 error and decided to reset lots of time.....fed up with all those error i got, i tried to uncheck the external bios and firmware, and VOILA! the emu saves the config all by itself(and i even succeed to do the wifi) I dunno how i got it to work anymore, i just tested another copy of the same desmume and never got the same result with my method before....wonder why :/

yeah i know a way to save it instead of saving with the game save states and ur wifi code won't change its what i do
biggrin.gif

Tabur

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello!

I have a problem
frown.gif
please help me.

I did everything as told, but when I click "infrastructure", I get no options
frown.gif

I'm currently connected to internet through WIRED lan to Router. No wireless, no phone modem, wire internet that comes from the router.

Why is it I get just white space when I click in infrastructure?

Thanks!

knight-felix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
liban100 said:
knight-felix said:

yeah i know a way to save it instead of saving with the game save states and ur wifi code won't change its what i do
biggrin.gif

wait, you said that your wifi code won't change? even when you close and reopen the emu? what did you do?

@Tabur :so your emu won't work and only got some sort of white screen?what version of desmume do you use?

Tabur

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
knight-felix said:
liban100 said:
knight-felix said:

biggrin.gif

wait, you said that your wifi code won't change? even when you close and reopen the emu? what did you do?

@Tabur :so your emu won't work and only got some sort of white screen?what version of desmume do you use?

no, no. I'm using the WIFI version (0.97) as indicated. I can play games normally, in fact I even get the default connection (Ready) but when I go to Config -> Wifi and try to select an Ethernet adapter card, I just get a blank option to click on. (I dont get any Realtek, Intel, Nvidia, etc adapters as options) If I try to test the connection, I end up getting Error 52000 but I think that has something to do with the fact that Desmume doesn't recognize any of my 2 ethernet adapters.

Please help?
biggrin.gif

knight-felix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ Tabur: well....i'm no expert at configuring those things, but i'll give my best support/knowledge that i can to you
tongue.gif

have you tried to re-install your router?
maybe someone here could fix your problem, sorry if i haven't been a good help to you :/

liban100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tabur said:
Hello!

I have a problem
frown.gif
please help me.

I did everything as told, but when I click "infrastructure", I get no options
frown.gif

I'm currently connected to internet through WIRED lan to Router. No wireless, no phone modem, wire internet that comes from the router.

Why is it I get just white space when I click in infrastructure?

Thanks!

well it only happens if you don't install softap you sure you did? try reinstall

Tabur

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
knight-felix said:
@ Tabur: well....i'm no expert at configuring those things, but i'll give my best support/knowledge that i can to you
tongue.gif

have you tried to re-install your router?
maybe someone here could fix your problem, sorry if i haven't been a good help to you :/

Well, I seriously doubt the router is the problem since it has no way of making desmume not able to recognize my ethernet adapters.
Even though, I restarted it and it still doesn't work... I'm sure this has something to do with desmume's access to my computer resources...

Knight23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gentlemen, what if I have an ADSL (cable) connection with no router? I use to get 52000 or 52200, is there any way I can make this work? Perhaps setting an individual IP for Desmume could "do the magic", if so, than how to? I've followed all the steps in the instruction, and my PC runs Win Vista. Still no luck.

liban100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to confirm that wifi club doesn't work i've tried trading several times with a friend with a 3ds while i was on desmume it stopand and says connection lost when your about to finish the trade

also if you want to save your wifi settings don't use the firmware bin do the settings again and take off and put back on desmume and there you have it saved wifi settings

SiLVerChO

Trophies
XP
Country
liban100 said:
Just wanted to confirm that wifi club doesn't work i've tried trading several times with a friend with a 3ds while i was on desmume it stopand and says connection lost when your about to finish the trade

also if you want to save your wifi settings don't use the firmware bin do the settings again and take off and put back on desmume and there you have it saved wifi settings

I have the same problem. I've tried several times to trade and battle with friends in wifi club but suddenly i got disconnected ...
Do you have any idea how we can fix this cuz i have seen some videos with wifi battles using desmume

Doeetright

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First and foremost, sorry for the wall of text... Yes I'm a lurker, no I haven't contributed nor do I really plan to. (Unless of course I stumble upon something exceptional)
So, if no one is willing to help I completely understand and wont thrash about whining for hours on end. So all in all this may be my first and last post on this site.
(It's something that I was intrigued by so figured I'd test it out as much as possible)

Alrighty, I consider myself pretty tech savvy but I've hit a brick wall...
The last 7 hours (Yes, before I even posted I spent time trying to get it to work for myself...)
I've tried my damnedest to get this thing to work and I'm finally throwing in the towel...
If however, someone can shed some meaningful light then I'll gladly get back at it.

So let's start from the top, I'll explain my hardware configurations.
Network Adapter: Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller/Realtek RTL8191SE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC (On a laptop so they're combined on the same nic)
Router: Netgear WNDR3300v2 N600 Wireless Dual Band Router (Piggybacked to the modem)
ISP Modem: Mediacom's RCA DHG534 (I AM UNABLE TO CHANGE THESE SETTINGS WITHOUT CALLING MY ISP)
Nothing else really matters as nothing else hardware wise would affect anything (Since the application runs fine)...

Software:
Windows 7 x64, DeSmeMU v0.9.7 x64 & x86 (a BUNCH of the latest revisions), WinPcap 4.1.2, AV = Microsoft Security Essentials, Windows Firewall.
I THINK that's all the information that's useful.

Ok, now let's continue to the configurations and the issues:
Router Configuration:
IP Address & DNS Set to Get Dynamically From ISP
LAN has no security encryption
Disable SPI Firewall is checked
Disable SIP ALG is checked
WiFi has WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2-PSK [AES] Encryption (Have also tested with WEP which seems to have no effect)
Also, I read somewhere that changing the mode and channel's of my particular router would help so I adjusted them to different settings
^ (Tried Connecting to G instead of N, set the Channels to 1 and 11, changed the mode from 5GHz to 2.4GHz)
None of the above seemed to have any effect (Though, seeing as how most of the info came from the official site it could work with a real DS which my nephew broke a few months ago so I'm unable to test)
Use Router as DHCP Server is obviously checked
And, I THINK that's all that's really important there... Basic info is all that's left like SSID is being broadcast etc...

Now then, the simple stuff, WinPcap is set to load with windows, with the different DeSmeMU revisions I've followed the guide by the OP. So everything works (Though I'd like to point out the latest x86 revision (Posted today) doesn't save the firmware as all previous versions do) Emulation wise, everything runs great. I customize the graphic settings a bit to tweak them to my personal preference but aside from that nothing else is changed (I'm trying to get this to work with default settings with directories setup so none of this should have an effect.

Alrighty, so load up DeSmeMU (As Admin) start say, Pokemon HeartGold (Lol because I'm too poor to purchase black without a working DS and it's illegal to own the roms without the cartridge
[Fun Fact: A few years back before the DS even came out it was legal to have possession of a rom for 24 hours, obviously distribution was prohibited. Though I doubt that law is still in effect]
Anyway, way off topic there... Everything loads up fine I click the nintendo wifi settings, connection 1, search for access point it finds SoftAP easilly enough, though it can't pass the connection test.
The most general error is 52100 (When trying to change the info from SoftAP into my own as most of the people say they did to fix their problem) However, when I switch from lan to Wifi the error always seems to be 52000.

Now then, 52100 seems to be impossible to fix unless someone can give me a little bit of inside info that I'm unable to figure out on my own.
However, the 52000 seems plausible, so I enter my own personal IP/DNS info jump the IP 10 devices (Though to be fair I only have 4 devices connected to my router so going up that high is a little much better safe than sorry.
Now then, my questions... When inputting my own info I PRESUME I change SoftAP to my own SSID, and then change my WEP password to match the new SSID yes?

Assuming that doesn't work (Because I've tried it) is anyone able to explain how winPcap works? I get what it's supposed to do, what I don't understand is how it correlates with DeSmeMU... Like, it ALMOST seems as though it's creating a virtual connection to my network adapter. If that's the case then setting up my own personal router information really wouldn't matter right? It'd be connecting through my network adapter and not my router as an individual device right? Which would explain why trying to run the emulator on my LAN pops the 52100 error. Basically 2 connections are trying to use the same device with different information. Which some network adapters it might work on, but I can assure you it wont on mine (I know from a different issue with my router/wireless connection Router supports N & G running simultaneously if both are enabled my nic however will only see either G or N and not both)

Anyway, back to the emulation, running on wifi, using the lan for the emulator (Which again is only how I presume it to work) getting error code 52000. When I enter my own personal IP/DNS the emulator goes to test the connection it pauses and wont continue to run no matter what I do.

So yeah, that's that... I'm unable to figure out what to do from there...
Error code 52100 when I'm using my LAN connection
Error code 52000 when I'm using my Wifi connection

I've tried a number of different solutions and nothing seems to work. So if anyone has any ideas/advice/or help feel free to PM me or reply to this thread (Please don't copy this whole wall of text, it'll just piss people off just say @Doeetright and I'll be sure to read it) Thanks in advanced for any help provided... If there is none, oh well life goes on!

PS: Yes, I've read and tried the info posted on the first page and on different sites including youtube on how to fix the errors but no one seems to really know...
PPS. Just an FYI, I'm not looking to go and be retarded and battle online or use any of the online promo codes, I just simply want to try to trade my pokemon to my nephew, no since in keeping what I can't use anymore

PlUmPaSsChIcKeN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After trial and error I seem to have it working.

I could only manage to make it work with the DesmuME wifi pack 0.9.6 and even with this it was troublesome. With the DesmuME wifi 0.9.6, first time I loaded it up I followed all of the instructions as noted by the OP, the only thing I had forgotten to do was set a custom firmware. I used the default setting, which for me is "C:\Users\moh\Documents\Downloads\Compressed\wifi\firmware.bin" and not the one in the folder. With this it came up with the prompt and I clicked yes and it connected.

After trying that, I tried with DesmuME wifi 0.9.7 with all of the custom bios and firmware and I get error code 20104 and I can get it to work after what seems like 20+ attempts or it could be random, I dunno. There is no promt for me on this version, it just kind of seems hit and miss with the connection, rather irritating to be honest.

Now as for DesmuME wifi 0.9.6 with both custom firmware selected it wont load up for me, I keep getting error 20104 same as in DesmuME wifi 0.9.7 after the prompt appears and I click Yes.

I also tried to trade pokemon between black and white versions both running separate instances of DesmuME wifi 0.9.6 on the same PC but it seems that once one of the emulators enters the room and you try to connect the other emulator, the second instance gets error code 52100. It seems its not possible to trade pokemon between two emulators running on either the same PC or the same IP address... Im not sure which it is but I will pull out my laptop sometime tomorrow and see if I can get it to trade.

I have not tested DesmuME and DS trading due to my DS being broken. If I get a new one I will definitely test this out and see if I can get it to work. I have also not tested anything aside from wifi trading, so I dunno if any of the other wifi stuff works.

Hope this helps.

Deathshado

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone,

I just installed and configured this patch, and its working fine, however I can't load my savestate from Pokemon Black. I was playing it on my original version on DesMuMe 0.9.7

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Jonno

krellian24

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I'm new around here. I did spend quite a few hours getting this to work, and it finally worked better than I even hoped. I was trying it all out on Poke Black.

I didn't manually input any info. Simply letting everything be Auto was the fix for me.

I hit a few errors along the way. First error was the 52000. I simply changed the router info SPI Protection to Disabled. However, I made this change at the exact same time as Right Clicking and running as Admin, so I'm not sure if both changes allowed everything to work or if only one was needed. Pretty much, I just followed the tutorial at the beginning (firewalls are the devil for this to work).

The next error after this was another error when attempting to test my connection in game. I forgot the error code, but it had to do with the FC being incorrect or something like that. Once I realized you got the FC after a certain point, I played up to it.

After setting up the FC and registering my location, I was able to enter the GTS. I could make trades on the GTS and everything. What's cool is, I made a separate folder also including DesMuME. I ran both at the same time. This allowed me to enter the GTS one at a time. I could enter, deposit a poke and then exit the GTS. Then, I took the other instance, entered GTS and searched for the particular trade. I found and made the trade, exited GTS and re-entered with the first instance to complete the trade.

Long story short, trades can be made via one computer as long as only one instance is in GTS at once.

For those who like to use Action Replay to catch all those event pokes, you can't trade 'em on GTS, but all legit caught pokes can.

I'm pretty sure someone asked about this earlier...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==