Gaming Getting the ol' Errdisp issue with Majora's Mask...

Waygeek

OP
Trophies
XP
... and haven't been able to find much of a fix. It was suggested in a thread that I turn off wifi, which I did. I did modify the game to run that mod which fixes a few things in the remake, and it did actually boot correctly for a while. But now I'm getting this error. A lot of threads on it are quite old.This is the only game it's happening with afaik, tried a few others and they boot fine.

I'm also getting a notification to update software. Is it safe to do so on the latest firmware?

Luma is at v10.0.1.

Last edited by Waygeek,

Itzumi

tinkerer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
... and haven't been able to find much of a fix. It was suggested in a thread that I turn off wifi, which I did. I did modify the game to run that mod which fixes a few things in the remake, and it did actually boot correctly for a while. But now I'm getting this error. A lot of threads on it are quite old.This is the only game it's happening with afaik, tried a few others and they boot fine.

I'm also getting a notification to update software. Is it safe to do so on the latest firmware?
Can you post a photo of the error?

Confusion_18

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It probably has something to do with the mod, you can try a ctrtransfer if you want but I'm gonna assume it's the mod.
Here are some details if anyone else wants to help:

-------------------------------------

Error type: generic

Process ID: 15
Process name: menu
Process title ID: 0x0004003000009802

Address: 0x00229808
Error code: 0xc920181a

-------------------------------------

0xC920181A

Module
OS (6)
Description
Session closed by remote (os) (26)
Summary
Canceled (9)
Level
Status (25)

Last edited by Confusion_18,
Reactions: Itzumi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this is a fresh CIA install of LoZ:MM 3D, try importing the seed.

[GitHub, ihaveamac] SeedDB list

• FBI → Titles → Game → Import Seed (requires Internet connection)

Before you do CTRTransfer, first try the battery trick.

You might get a more insightful error log if you Luma3DS v9.1 for the sdmc:/boot.firm on the next time this 3DS crashes.

If yours is a [ o3DS / o3DSXL / o2DS ], check for possible signs of disconnected or loose WiFi module.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
Reactions: Itzumi

Waygeek

OP
Trophies
XP
I think I'll just do a fresh install.
Is it currently safe to update firmware? Is it always safe to do so when there's a popup? Does the cfw only allow the popup when it's safe?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I'll just do a fresh install.
Is it currently safe to update firmware? Is it always safe to do so when there's a popup? Does the cfw only allow the popup when it's safe?
If you're referring to reinstalling custom firmware, this is a bad idea due to high risk of bricking and making things worse than they are.
You can update to 11.13.0-45 firmware if you have Luma3DS v9.1 (or newer) and boot9strap v1.3. If you're not sure what you have, turn on the 3DS and hold the (SELECT) button to access Luma3DS v#.# configuration.
  • v7.1 - v9.0: Updating B9S
    • For v7.1, have the SafeB9SInstaller renamed and set to sdmc:/boot.firm when updating boot9strap.
    • For luma that's newer than v7.1 but older than v9.1, you could technically replace just the sdmc:/boot.firm with a newer version Luma3DS, but it's better to make sure you have the latest B9S v1.3 if you don't know.
  • v7.0.5 or older: A9LH to B9S
Also, setup the CTRNAND Luma3DS to be able to boot without a SD card.

If you're referring to Majora's Mask, reinstalling a game CIA will overwrite and delete whatever save you had in place. Backup all your games' save + extdata with Checkpoint or JKSM before you do any CIA installations.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
Reactions: Quantumcat

Waygeek

OP
Trophies
XP
No I'm talking about a fresh install of MM, and an update of the cfw on my 3ds.

Any way to check my b9s version/update it without pulling the msd out etc?

My luma is the latest version (10.1 something) so does having that mean my b9s is also up to date enough?

Anyone?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o