Hacking Getting the complete megaman 9 DLC to work on an NTSC-U wii?

blitzxp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
so, was this solved? i'm having the same issue

i installed megaman9, played and saved, then installed the DLC and although it shows the protoman save (dlc on wii memory), nothing appears on the game menu ..

tried already with 2 wads, doing the same thing ..what could be wrong ? this is on a 3.3u wii that was downgraded to 3.2u ..so ios37 and everything is there ...

i noticed one megaman9 wad didn't show an ESRB warning on the game's banner, the other one did..i guess it's 2 versions of the game? one updated? as far as i know they are both NTSC ..

any ideas ??

blitzxp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
should i update the shop channel ? not just installing ios51 and patching a fix (which i already did), but also updating the channel.. ?? this shouldn't screw with starfall, right ? i've tried several wads by now ..

airpirate545

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded some torrent that was called megaman9.zip and it had 2 wads: mm9 and mm9 dlc, installed both and saw a protoman save but nothing showed up in the game...

Dipodrsc

Trophies
XP
Country
For those of you who are having trouble getting MM9’s DLC to work correctly, try this:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Files/Apps Required:
- MM9RegionFree_CompleteDLC.rar
- Wad Manager (not required though it’s easier than using the Wad Installer/Uninstaller)

Follow the below steps if you either have the Wii Shop Channel fully updated and functional, or if you don’t particularly want to update your Wii Shop Channel and would rather try without doing so:

1. Uninstall all traces of Mega Man 9 from your Wii using Wad Manager or another wad uninstalling application.

1.5. (REQUIRES GECKO OS as you cannot normally copy MM9's save files) If you don’t want to lose your save files, back them up by launching Gecko OS and in Rebooter Options change ‘Remove Copy Flags’ to yes then reboot, and copy the saves as usual (NOTE that there is no guarantee that you will be able to restore any backup saves)

2. Unzip ‘MM9RegionFree_CompleteDLC.rar’ and copy the two wads (MM9.wad and MM9DLC.wad) to the wad folder on your SD card. If you aren’t using Wad Manager, only copy ‘MM9.wad’ to your SD card.

3. Preferably using Wad Manager, install ‘MM9.wad’ to your Wii and then exit the installer (DO NOT INSTALL ‘MM9DLC.wad’!)

4. Launch Mega Man 9 and create a new file so that a save game is created on your Wii (If you made a backup of your saves you may try restoring it though it is not guaranteed to work now or even after fully installing MM9)

5. Make sure that there is a save game of Mega Man 9 on your Wii, if not redo step 4, otherwise go to step 6.

6. Using your preferred wad installer (If it’s not Wad Manager, make sure to remove any current wads on your SD card and to copy over ‘MM9DLC.wad’), install ‘MM9DLC.wad’ to your Wii and close the installer.

7. Run Mega Man 9 and enjoy your now functional Downloadable Content

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you do NOT have the Wii Shop Channel updated to its most recent version and want to update it, or the above steps did not work and you do NOT have the Wii Shop Channel updated, follow the steps below:

8. Obtain Tona’s Shop Installer. I used the Homebrew version of this though you can use whichever you want, or use a different Shop Channel updater even.

- Steps 9 to 11 are in regards to Tona's Shop Installer, Homebrew Version -

9. Unzip and copy Tona’s Shop Installer to your SD card’s ‘apps’ folder.

10. Launch the Homebrew Channel and load the shop installer. (MAKE SURE ANY GC CONTROLLERS AND MEMORY CARDS ARE UNPLUGGED REGARDLESS WHETHER YOU ARE USING TONA’S INSTALLER OR NOT)

11. Follow the prompts and install IOS-51 and the Shop Channel update (Patching the hash check is optional, for this I said yes though it’s entirely up to you)

12. Reboot your Wii and check to see that the Wii Shop Channel is updated and working. If it is go to Step 1 AFTER READING THE NOTE BELOW, otherwise repeat step 10.

NOTE that if you tried steps 1 to 7 before trying steps 8 to 12, it is STRONGLY recommended that you uninstall ‘MM9.wad’ and ‘MM9DLC.wad’ before continuing.

This was tested and works on a PAL 3.2E Wii with a fully updated Wii Shop Channel and ONLY after using the two wads contained in ‘MM9RegionFree_CompleteDLC.rar’. Theoretically it should work on an NTSC Wii, though, as I have a PAL Wii, I cannot be certain of this. If you have any queries feel free to PM me.

Dipodrsc

Trophies
XP
Country
Instead of using 'MM9RegionFree_CompleteDLC.rar', any RELIABLE region free wad of the game itself can be used and the wad containing the DLC can be from any region.

These are two other wads that have been tested and work:

Mega_Man_9_WiiWare_its_Region_Free.wad
MM9_NTSC-U_ALL_DLC_for_megaman_9.wad

blitzxp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Thanks for your reply Dipodrsc..i was missing the shop channel update, which i thought screwed with starfall due to a previous downgrade on another wii ..anyways, now that i did it it finally worked..

i also thought the channel was up-to-date as this is a 3.3u wii which i downgraded..

so yeah..to run mega man 9 on 3.2u or older you need ios37, and all the new shop channel stuff (ios51, and shop channel update)..
--

ps: anyone knows why one wad has the ESRB rating on the game's banner, and another one doesn't ?? is it because of the 'regions'? as ESRB is for north america i guess the banner without the ESRB notice is a PAL game region-free'd ??

Dipodrsc

Trophies
XP
Country
I'd assume that the region free wad would have been PAL, but even then I've seen the ESRB rating on supposed PAL wads. I'm no programmer or anything of the like so don't hold me to that
wink.gif
. But yeah, to run MM9 on 3.2 or older you'll need IOS-37 or you'll need to run the wad though wwPacker, forgot to mention that lol.

Dipodrsc

Trophies
XP
Country
As far as I know IOS51 is not on any game discs, at least none of mine lol. As for updating without an internet connection, I may be WAY off but aren't files like 'RVL-Shopping-v10.wad' updates to the system channels? If they are, once again I could be completely wrong, you could install that and use the Shop Installer for the IOS only, as I'm fairly certain the IOS can be installed without a connection, otherwise just 'obtain' a copy of the IOS.

LoneBlackfang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow You all are wrong the DLC adds new game modes and they can be found under the following

Proto Man Mode: Added to Special Games menu
Hero Mode: Added to Special Games menu
Superhero Mode: Added to Special Games menu
Special Stage: added to the Time attack menu
Endless attack: added to main game menu
Note:the above is quoted from game

you can check to see if they are installed by viewing the Downloadable content in game and if it says Finished receiving then you have installed the dlc correctly

Also I suggest the use of IOS 236 and then setting your wad manager to use that modded IOS I can give you more help via im

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why would you bump a 4 year topic just to say something like that? even to one of the worst MM games i have played in my life with a CRAPPY ENDING!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer