• Replies 47

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am tempted to link up some clips from that wetlands film I saw a while back but that would probably be less not safe for work as much as breaking the whole concept. Did amuse though.

That said if a tomato or something upsets my delicate constitution, I get the "rumble rumble rumble" 30 second warning, instant rugby player transformation and thus I am compelled to use a public toilet it would never have even occurred to me to use a cover (not that I have ever seen such a thing in this country) or hover or anything. Arse down, knees up, hope I don't end up with Johnny Cash* playing in my head and hope I had the forethought to pick a place with some vaguely pleasant means to clean up afterwards.

*save others a search

and have a favourite cover of it while I am linking things up

Anyway it was time for science.
Starting with a search of toilet seat transmission vector
First result
"Are toilet seats a vector for transmission of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus?"
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2965062/

In summary, MRSA can be cultured from toilet seats in a children's hospital despite rigorous daily cleaning. This represents a potential risk to patients who may acquire it by fomite transmission from colonized persons, and represents a potential reservoir for community acquisition. Use of alcohol wipes kills bacteria present on the seats prior to use, and generally decreases the mean daily bacterial load on toilets where wipes are made available. Although this study does not positively implicate toilet seats in the transmission of MRSA, something which should be studied further, it provides support for our policy of providing alcohol wipes in patient bathrooms. We are now examining alternative methods, such as liquids or foams that can be dispensed onto toilet paper for cleaning before use.
It should be noted however that the study was concerned with the implications for immunocompromised individuals, and for a particularly virulent class of infections with limited treatment options even in healthy patients.

A book result titled Sexually Transmitted Diseases in Women
https://books.google.co.uk/books?id...age&q=toilet seat transmission vector&f=false
It mentioned that viable samples were found for a given infection in a small, though clinically significant samples that remained viable for some 45 minutes. It does however go on to say that recorded instances of transmission via this are absent.

Further clicking dismissed it as a vector for crab lice and Gonorrhea as well, though http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/lab-bio/res/psds-ftss/neisseria-gon-eng.php says transmission by fomites (which would include toilet seats, though is certainly not limited to them) is rare.

Absence of proof is not proof of absence but it appears some went looking, did what appear to me to be reasonable controls and groundwork test and came back with nothing. Amusingly page 4 of the search came back with this thread.

Deleted member 408979

Gbatemp amphibian
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
well it would depend.

Lets say someone with AIDS jacked off in that very bathroom.

He doesn't know he has it.

He leaves without cleaning (which is incredibly unlikely) and you touch all the jizz with your dick/ lick the jizz (but why would you?)

Thats how you would get it.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
well it would depend.

Lets say someone with AIDS jacked off in that very bathroom.

He doesn't know he has it.

He leaves without cleaning (which is incredibly unlikely) and you touch all the jizz with your dick/ lick the jizz (but why would you?)

Thats how you would get it.

That's false.
HIV virus doesn't live for long out in the open air.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Really?

Well in that case the chance of you getting HIV in a public bathroom is even lower! so dont worry :v

But what if you enter right after he leaves?

You're a fucking idiot for licking a lavatory bowl.
Seriously.

Reactions: Alex658

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
True

(not even im that stupid to do that its just a scenario)

Anyone with a bit of common sense wouldn't lick a public lavatory.

Also, the HIV virus spreads most efficiently via blood contact.
And or penetrating sexual contact.

D

Deleted-355425

OP
I read somewhere phones, keyboards and bins carry way more germs and bacteria then a toilet does.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I read somewhere phones, keyboards and bins carry way more germs and bacteria then a toilet does.

They do.
Actually, a common kitchen sponge carries the most bacteria.
Next to money and keyboards.

Bins are surprisingly clean tho, the bin itself, not the contents in the binliner ;p

D

Deleted User

OP
Thank you FAST6191 for taking the time to answer my question properly. As for everyone else, this thread is fucking funny.

GhostLatte

GBAtemp's Official Van Master™
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already have herpes so I don't have worry.

I'm fairly certain that you don't have to worry about catching STDs from a public restroom.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1