head of T3GZdev
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
hi guys i can remember while back when nintendo released the classic controller for wii, there were few that were ok with it but there were some that didn't like it because its lack of grips to the layout & analog sticks being to close. eventually i started seeing people make treads movements to email nitnendo then eventually we got the classic controller pro.

the psp had skype, the ps vita is now also getting skype, i can understand the DS not getting skype becaue lack of a online shop & no cameras, DSi being 2x as powerful than DS & having the DSi shop it was possible but still no.
now out next gen handheld is out the 3DS all mighty powerfulness with 3D, i see the PS vita getting skype soon you think it would be possible to get them to make a skype for 3DS also?

i sent them feedback about this via the skype feedback thingy.
not sure of there email yet but may try it also.
Capture.PNG
i saw that skype is coming to PS Vita. that's cool & all but i have a 3DS & it has front & back facing cameras, connected to the internet 24/7, sd card slot, & 2 screens, & not to mention 3D & its the most popular handheld on the market right now. ;) would it be possible to get a 3DS version of skype on the eshop? i think it would be pretty awesome. :D

BrunoAlvesMontei

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Skype would be great.
The Skype would have to be integrated with the 3ds system or you would need to have skype running all the time, if it was integrated as a service it would work as our street pass or spot pass on background and with automatic notifications.
The only thing is that 3ds does not have 3G and the battery sucks.

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Skype would be great.
The Skype would have to be integrated with the 3ds system or you would need to have skype running all the time, if it was integrated as a service it would work as our street pass or spot pass on background and with automatic notifications.
The only thing is that 3ds does not have 3G and the battery sucks.

wow yea the streetpass & spotpass would be cool.
for receiving messages when not using the skype 3DSware. & the notifications menu at the top.
& sure it doesn't have 3G, but so doesn't the wifi version of ps vita & the ipod touch.
if it uses spotpass the it can use public wifi spots also without heaving to login the access point.

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
1. i don't think it would happen, ninty wouldn't want kids to add bitches and video chat with them
2. when making a formal request try to use proper grammer or at least correct it with some kind of software, if the request has bad grammar it won't encourage them to do what you want
3. unfortunately, generally some feedback ain't gonna cut it.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I would think this would be nice we ALL know its not gonna happen, its just like with Youtube and flash on the browser. And I honestly think its pointless to even try. I mean Nintendo has NEVER used their hardware for anything outside of gaming and gaming related actions (example, Swapnote was made mostly for talkong to friends and getting them online, Browser was made with quick reference and low processing power usage in mind since it was made for FaQs and Walk-throughs.) Now, they have surprised by giving ua Netflix (I think the only real reason the 3DS has netflix is because it would look stupid for the Wii to have it and not the 3DS.) and N-Video (which was probably made with advertisment under the guise of 3D content as its main purpose.) but I honestly doubt Skype. Chances are were going to end up with a nice video chat app by Nintendo, or its going to be intergrated with NN. Also the CC is a bad example because
A.Like the CPP Nintendo was pressured into it by capcom.
B.Its an accessory that just got a new shell, not half as complex as making a video chat app.

Reactions: 1 person

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
While I would think this would be nice we ALL know its not gonna happen, its just like with Youtube and flash on the browser. And I honestly think its pointless to even try. I mean Nintendo has NEVER used their hardware for anything outside of gaming and gaming related actions (example, Swapnote was made mostly for talkong to friends and getting them online, Browser was made with quick reference and low processing power usage in mind since it was made for FaQs and Walk-throughs.) Now, they have surprised by giving ua Netflix (I think the only real reason the 3DS has netflix is because it would look stupid for the Wii to have it and not the 3DS.) and N-Video (which was probably made with advertisment under the guise of 3D content as its main purpose.) but I honestly doubt Skype. Chances are were going to end up with a nice video chat app by Nintendo, or its going to be intergrated with NN.

well i was thinking skype could be like an option to also talk to friends, with the extra video chat feature added in. trade files & videos. most of the people i added in my friend list are from friendcodes.com which is a site dedicated to trading friendcodes, sorta like a facebook for friendcodes & forums. & skype which a few people from theer added me & made a group on there with lots of other just for trading friendcodes & deciding when to play. meeting happen there.
as for the browser & flash that's on nintendos side & the browser, also that was for DSi, 3DS its possible now just a matter of time of them adding it, maybe there working on wii u & games for it & don't have the time or maybe there waiting for wii u in general . i wonder what browser the wii u will use? o.O
& i do see nintendo making video chat app too since wii u will have it. just don't see why skype would just be a psp thing & not hop onto our handheld also.

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"The PSP and PSVita had it so the 3DS should have it."

Nintendo is not Sony, I'm sorry. That's like saying a Cheetah can run fast so an Elephant should run just as fast as a Cheetah. I'm not saying Nintendo is bad (I'm kind of a fanboy actually) but they progress at different rates than Sony. Eventually Nintendo may realize Skype, but they will do it at their own pace.

Frankly, though, with the quality of the 3DS's cameras I wouldn't touch skype for video chatting. I would be hesitant on messaging as well, as I prefer physical keyboards to virtual keyboards.

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
"The PSP and PSVita had it so the 3DS should have it."

Nintendo is not Sony, I'm sorry. That's like saying a Cheetah can run fast so an Elephant should run just as fast as a Cheetah. I'm not saying Nintendo is bad (I'm kind of a fanboy actually) but they progress at different rates than Sony. Eventually Nintendo may realize Skype, but they will do it at their own pace.

Frankly, though, with the quality of the 3DS's cameras I wouldn't touch skype for video chatting. I would be hesitant on messaging as well, as I prefer physical keyboards to virtual keyboards.
as far as i hear the vita has a 0.3 mp camera actually

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
1) Skype is owned by Microsoft.
2) Skype is chock full of security holes.
3) The 3DS doesn't even do flash. Skype would be WAY harder.
4) If you can't even spell words correctly or refrain from using emotes in an official message, they're highly likely to ignore you.

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
1) Skype is owned by Microsoft.
2) Skype is chock full of security holes.
3) The 3DS doesn't even do flash. Skype would be WAY harder.
4) If you can't even spell words correctly or refrain from using emotes in an official message, they're highly likely to ignore you.

wasn't sure skype was owned by microsoft since microsoft had windows live messenger. also skype inst on 360.
& i didn't mean a full port of the pc version, just for instance the IM part, file transfer, & video chat part like ipod touch. with some spotpass features.
& wouldn't a mobile version be possible with html5? or whenever they choose to bring flash to 3DS?

&point out to me what i misspelled?..

The Milkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh, you missed my point entirely. I'm not saying flash is by any means coming to the 3DS (Which it is pretty much not gonna happen.) I'm saying that skype is not gonna happen. We've had like 50 topics on this app crap. If were lucky NN may have some sort of voice chat built in. MAYBE. But I can guarantee sending them misspelled, messages with emotes and bad grammar isn't going to do anything. And WHY would you send this to Skype!? You got a better chance of Nintendo reading something like this and making their own video chat app. Plus, why does the 3DS need file transfer? Swapnote already lets you send pictures and recordings (even though its only a few seconds :/) what else do you really need to send?

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Ugh, you missed my point entirely. I'm not saying flash is by any means coming to the 3DS (Which it is pretty much not gonna happen.) I'm saying that skype is not gonna happen. We've had like 50 topics on this app crap. If were lucky NN may have some sort of voice chat built in. MAYBE. But I can guarantee sending them misspelled, messages with emotes and bad grammar isn't going to do anything. And WHY would you send this to Skype!? You got a better chance of Nintendo reading something like this and making their own video chat app. Plus, why does the 3DS need file transfer? Swapnote already lets you send pictures and recordings (even though its only a few seconds :/) what else do you really need to send?

the difference between an IM & swapnote?
also you cant type messages just handwriting which isnt always the best. not that i have anything against swapnote.
what i think would actually be better nintendo updates swapnote to be more like pictochat with typing messages also. & sending videos, & speed it up.

& im still not seeing what your saying about misspelled.

The Milkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

also you cant type messages just handwriting which isnt always the best. not that i have anything against swapnote.
what i think would actually be better nintendo updates swapnote to be more like pictochat with typing messages also. & sending videos, & speed it up.

-_- Screw it, I cant think of anyother way to explain it to you.

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States

-_- Screw it, I cant think of anyother way to explain it to you.
:P

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why wouldn't Microsoft want Skype on as many platforms as possible? More users means more money spent.

Now do I think Nintendo will add Skype to the 3DS? Probably not. But saying Microsoft wouldn't allow it is rather silly. It'd likely be Nintendo's choice not to seek out the development for a 3DS version of Skype. Probably they'd do their own, as previously said in this thread.

RedJiggly

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Also, Skype is part of Microsoft these days. Wich probably means that Nintendo is not going to cooperate.

Close, but no cigar.(I always wanted to say that)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: