chalupa

OP
Trophies
Website
nandatoe.tk
XP
Country
United States
OK, I recently ordered a yowii flashed with YAOSM but I have a few questions before it's time to install and use it.

1. How do you burn wii isos? I have nero 8 and have noticed that the isos have multiple parts and file extensions such as .r00. How do I deal with these?

2. I have a 100 spindle of 16x Compusa dvd-rs, but I haven't heard if they are either good or bad for the wii. should they be fine?

3. lastly I was wondering if it's possible to de-solder a modchip, if I want to update it with a flasher or to update it while it's still in there.

Thank you for your time.

Hogmeister

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) extract the rar files with software like winrar (www.rarsoft.com). nero 8 works fine to burn the iso files once extracted from the rars, i use nero 8 pretty much exclusively and haven't had any problems thus far.

2) nobody can really answer that, seems as though everybodies wii likes different types of media... worst case scenario is it doesn't like them. just burn the images like normal and see if they work

3) it IS possible, however i'd recommend buying an IC socket and putting the chip in that instead of soldering the chip directly. of course i believe the YAOSM dev is working on dvd upgradability which would make it so you don't need to take it in and out of the wii.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
A Wii ISO is just a normal .ISO file, burn it with Nero. A downloaded ISO is often in archived format. Just uncompress it with WinRar for example.
as I understand it the yowii is supplied with a programmer and an external cable. That means you can reprogram the chip that way, there is no need to desolder it

chalupa

OP
Trophies
Website
nandatoe.tk
XP
Country
United States
well to be more specific, I'm downloading the dual-layer brawl. it has a .r00 through .r84. what do I do?

Also, I dont know the normal way to burn an ISO.... please teach :
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0LPrmtVWsA