Hacking Getting R4 3DS to work with CFW

DrkrZen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hiya, I recently followed the 3DS guide to get A9HL and Luma3DS installed on my O3DS XL, currently on the latest firmware. I'm just curious, I still have my R4i 3DS from using with my Lite, but no longer own it... so is it possible to get this flashcart to work with the O3DS XL on CFW?

I've tried looking online for resources, but typically find tutorials for running the original R4 card on 3DS and I'm not sure if following said tutorial would help or hinder. So! I came here askin' for help, since there's some pretty awesome and knowledgeable folk here.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited by DrkrZen,

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Actually I've a R4 SDHC Dual-Core from 2014 working on my O3DSXL (Boot9Strap 1.2, Luma 8.0 and 11.2 OFW), and it's working just fine, no issues so far. Have you tried just updating the firmware of your card and inserting it in?

This is the flashcard I've got:

3_6301ec51-ad5b-48d5-bcfc-880b088654ba_large.jpg

DrkrZen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So close, yet so far. So, the launcher didn't work for me, but then I realized, flashcarts come pre-patched thru the guide I followed. And, after reinserting the cart a few times, I got it to show up in the normal manner any other game card would. I started it up and it worked! Even played a game a bit, too.

That said, I noticed I didn't have a few games I really wanted to play on it, so I took out the 4GB micro SD card, dragged and dropped a game, and reinserted it... but now, I can't get it to show up again. And, when I do, it shows a blank game card on the 3DS's upper screen to which booting it up says, "An error has occurred, please turn off the system."

So, did I just screw myself over by taking out the micro SD card and/or putting it into my laptop? I guess I'll just look into buying another one... either that, or another cheap DS Lite.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn