Getting private header from a PKMN save file

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by mary1517, May 5, 2015.

1. mary1517
    OP

mary1517 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    Poland
    So I recently learned about this method of injecting save files from Pokemon games here: http://projectpokemon.org

And my question is - is this save file any good in terms of getting myself a private headerfrom it?

If I'm not allowd to post links to external sites in my post, let me know, I'll delete this at once.

Kenneth196 likes this.
  2. Ra1d

Ra1d GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 31, 2010
    Canada
    I think the header is in the game itself(in your cartridge), not in the save file.

3. Kenneth196

Kenneth196 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 6, 2006
    United States
    Texas

Someone else will have to answer the original question but I do kinda wanna answer in a round-about way: You generally don't want to get a private header from a public source. Other people are probably using it, and increases the chance of being banned. Just my 2 cents though :P

4. mary1517
    OP

mary1517 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    Poland
    Getting my own private header and not using the public one IS the main reason this topic was created you know ;>
    There is a way to inject a private header using the save dongle so why not this

Kenneth196 likes this.
  5. Kenneth196

Kenneth196 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 6, 2006
    United States
    Texas

Oh oops, I misread. I'll shut up on this topic, out of my scope of knowledge (I just use .cias). Good luck!

6. LameNobody

LameNobody Weighted Companion Cube Enthusiast

Jan 23, 2015
    Canada

Currently There are two methods for extracting a private header, Dumping a cartridge you own, and my Powersaves method (unless there's another I'm unaware of)

Based on your question, I think that if the pokemon save were dumped from the ram it would not be encrypted with a UniqueID. I assume it would just be a raw save file that would've already been decrypted and loaded.