Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's it, I am getting a 3DS tomorrow morning and I am gonna play it (though not too much, I have a LOT of homework that needs to be done for college, fml). Only because I work at Target and get a 10% employee discount, then a 5% Target debit card discount on top of that
happy.gif
So It'll end up costing 213 before tax, woot. Gonna pick up SF4 with it, are there any other games worth getting? I played Pilotwings Resort on our demo unit there, and it isn't bad, but not something I would pay 40 bucks for.

(Edit - Oh, and I have a SCDS2 running the newest kernel, so that will be fun to use as well)

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
plasma dragon007 said:
That's it, I am getting a 3DS tomorrow morning and I am gonna play it (though not too much, I have a LOT of homework that needs to be done for college, fml). Only because I work at Target and get a 10% employee discount, then a 5% Target debit card discount on top of that
happy.gif
So It'll end up costing 213 before tax, woot. Gonna pick up SF4 with it, are there any other games worth getting? I played Pilotwings Resort on our demo unit there, and it isn't bad, but not something I would pay 40 bucks for.

(Edit - Oh, and I have a SCDS2 running the newest kernel, so that will be fun to use as well)

I paid $150 for mine, without any Target discounts
wink.gif

tombot

Trophies
Website
www.wix.com
XP
Country
United States
I'd recommend Ridge Racer. Of all the titles out so far, it seems to use the 3D the "smartest". It's not intrusive, but it's definitely noticeable. And contrary to what some people will say, it actually enhanced the game for me. Being able to see the road stretched out in front of you in 3D helped me feel actually how far away upcoming turns are. In a game where you need good timed drifts, that's a huge plus.

Sadly, there's no online multiplayer (there is local wireless). But the tournament packs in a lot of content, and there's a wealth of tracks/cars available.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol, when was the last good Ridge Racer game released?

Games worth getting:

Splinter Cell 3DS
Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars
SSIV 3D Edition
Rayman

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I always have a tissue paper between the 2 3DS screens and the 3DS itself is covered with an orange color cloth. Just for safety precautions you know. I love my DS family
biggrin.gif

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I have screen protectors and the little foam-paper thingy... also bought a leather pouch
smile.gif

I bought Pilot Wings, it's nice and enough content for me, as I'm waiting for Zelda and other titles coming up soon. Pilot Wings is great for spending a few hours on.

How is it with the 3ds and the dstwo? Did they keep logs on what you run (i know they do, but i meant flashcard activity), and bricking (unlikely) and all that jazz?

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Snailface said:
Hope you enjoy your new system, but be careful about the screen scratching problem. Keep the foam insert handy or get a screen protector.

Those ridges really do pose that much of a problem, huh. I dropped 10 bucks on a screen protector/3 stylus/6 game case pack, and got dust under both protectors even after cleaning the screen. I trashed the top one but kept the bottom one on for now. Maybe I'll pick up another pack...

tlyee61 said:
when u get it give meh ur FC

Nick (or whatever you want to name me, lol) - 1977 0220 9665

Currently only have SFIV

QUOTE(Issac @ May 1 2011, 11:48 PM)
I have screen protectors and the little foam-paper thingy... also bought a leather pouch
smile.gif

I bought Pilot Wings, it's nice and enough content for me, as I'm waiting for Zelda and other titles coming up soon. Pilot Wings is great for spending a few hours on.

How is it with the 3ds and the dstwo? Did they keep logs on what you run (i know they do, but i meant flashcard activity), and bricking (unlikely) and all that jazz?

3DS seems to work well with DS TWO. Hasn't bricked, it only shows that you have spent time playing Alex Rider, as that is what the card shows up as. Due to the scaling, BAGPlug seems to have a glitch with a tiny bit of mirroring at the bottom of the screen. Also doesn't seem to remember what game I picked last in BAGPlug (but does remember the folder at least).

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ghost Recon is fun if you are into turn based strategy. It's nothing ground-breaking but it's nice. And it seems to be a long game.

PilotWings is good too. But if you don't know if you are into it demo it first or try to get it cheap.
Maybe it's only around 10 hours. If after that you have perfected all missions (or don't care to) you only have free flight left.. But I am still getting into a mission once in a while for a short PilotWings fix..

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
cosmiccow said:
Ghost Recon is fun if you are into turn based strategy. It's nothing ground-breaking but it's nice. And it seems to be a long game.
I finished it on the easiest difficulty only and my activity log tells me I spent 34:59 hours on the game.
Great game. Traded it in due to zero replay value though.

Jan1tor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hope you enjoy your 3DS. Definately get yourself a screen protector. I have them on all my systems from DS, DSI, DSIXL, and 3DS, it is just a smart thing to do. As for games I like Bust a move the best but I like simple games. Then I like Asphalt 3d, Then Ridge racer. Street fighter is great but I'm not really into the fighting games. I gave my Rayman to my son cause it is the same damn rayman game I played before but only in 3D and I gave my Ghost recon to him as well because I didn't know it was a turn based game when I bought it. He also has pilot wings which he seems to like quite well.

There still needs to be some really GREAT games to come. Though I have a lot of them I don't think this was a great launch. I'm waiting for the Pacman Galaga bundle. I'm more old school but those games were great and the new adaption of them should be fairly nice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo