Getting GC Backups working with USB Loader GX

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by jaybee, Jul 6, 2012.

Jul 6, 2012
  1. jaybee
    OP

Member jaybee GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Hi,

I have got GC backups working using DIOS MIOS V2. I am using the latest version of USB Loader GX which will not load the game from usb?

It states that its on USB and do I want to copy it to SD first? When I cancel this the game doesnt run? What gives? Is there anyway to get past this so that the game will just run from USB?

I can get GC games to run fine from usb using the Dios Mios booter app but not USB Loader GX.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Lacius

Member Lacius GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I know that with Configurable USB Loader, you have to set it to DM and not DML. Otherwise, it thinks you're using DML and wants to copy the game from the USB to the SD so it can run it. Changing it to DM in the settings should allow it to run off the USB drive.

1 person likes this.
  3. jaybee
    OP

United Kingdom
    Thanks for that! That did the trick on CFG USB Loader! I had to update it to the latest beta via the updates page and change it to DM like you said.

It would be good to get it working with USB Loader GX too tho if possible. Maybe I should look at the version number I have for that but I believe it is the latest one?

4. ddetkowski

Member ddetkowski GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    yes, check your rev, GX will play it

5. jaybee
    OP

United Kingdom
    Just checked it again. Got the latest one from the google link for it, V3. Had a look in the settings and only see DML stuff in there? :(

6. Catastrophic

Member Catastrophic Perfectly Normal

Iceland
    http://gbatemp.net/t...79#entry4291679

Cyan keeps it updated constantly on his thread. Go to Options and set Main GC Path to whatever folder the games are in on your USB drive.

Oh and you should also be able to rip games from disks to USB once main path has been set.