Getting CFW!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by JoshiYoshi64, Apr 29, 2017.

1. JoshiYoshi64
    OP

JoshiYoshi64 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 15, 2017
    Ok so my new 3ds xl is on 11.3E and I want to get cfw.
    The problem is my screws are stripped and CAN NOT COME OUT. So don't say use a rubber band since it didn't work.

I know that when you're on 2.1 you can't use the system setting wireless transfer so I was just wondering can I put on all the files at the start. Also when it says to take out your sd card I will just click power.
    Also if I have no theme on 11.3 will my system turn on, on 2.1.
    Please answer :D

2. AnalogMan

AnalogMan sumoCheatMenu Dev

Apr 20, 2007
    United States
    Yes, you can put all the files you're gonna need on right at the start if you have the space.

No, your system will not load to the home menu if you have the SD card inserted on 2.1, theme or not.

3. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    r u sure the screws r stripped? the screws don't come out all the way, just enough for u to use ur fingernails to pop the back off. it's not hard to do if that's ur issue.

4. JoshiYoshi64
    OP

Feb 15, 2017
    They are stripped

5. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    Then your only option is to break the plastic around the screws without ruining the backplate.

6. JoshiYoshi64
    OP

Feb 15, 2017
    That sounds hard. How?

7. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    Forcibly remove the backplate, or use a small screwdriver to chisel the plastic around the screws.

8. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    try using a screw driver that is one size larger. works almost every time i strip any kind of screw.

9. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    He's most likely been using a knife to remove the screws, which probably stripped them to oblivion.

10. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    if they have a power drill with those twisted looking bits, they can easily drill the top of the screw off and pop the cover right off. but something tells me this person does not have any of that.

gamesquest1 and mech like this.
  11. JoshiYoshi64
    OP

Feb 15, 2017
    Can it go back on?

12. SirECK

SirECK GBAtemp Fan

Jul 1, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario, Canada
    Apply pressure when lifting and try unscrewing again. Worst case break the back cover off then order a replacement on Nintendo's online store.

Zidapi likes this.
  13. H1B1Esquire

H1B1Esquire RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.

Nov 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth, bro-dude.
    You'll be all right without screws; just be careful. You could probably use a credit card to pry certain points to get a better angle.

14. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    Yes. The screws aren't the only thing that keep the backplate on. It has plastic snaps as well. I did the same to mine for easy access because the screws are a nuisance, and are permanently a part of the backplate due to the small washers on them. If you break the loops on the plate that hold them then you can easily remove the plate.

Last edited by Joom, Apr 29, 2017
    godreborn likes this.
  15. Crimson-Fyre

Crimson-Fyre Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2017
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    LOL ... i losened the screws on my N3dsXL and never re tightened them ... and i have removed the backplate so many times that one of the screws is actually now missing because the plastic around it broke .... not a big deal as it dident mess with the back plate in any way

16. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    how do u guys mess up these screws? lol I have a collection of screwdrivers from torx to triwing to philips head with low gauges. I've never had such problems with any of my systems.

17. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    I didn't mess mine up mind you. I purposely broke my backplate because they're so damn annoying. :P I dunno why Nintendo used them, especially since the plastic is so flimsy anyway and easily breakable. The plastic snaps themselves are secure enough as well.

18. JoshiYoshi64
    OP

Feb 15, 2017
    I used my stylus to prop it up think I should just force it off now?

19. PetitMagique

PetitMagique GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2016
    United States
    Haha! My first thought was to drill the heads off.

20. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    Go for it, but do it gently enough to where only the loops around the screws break. Don't wanna crack your plate.