Getting CFGLoader to work on NTFS USB? Program locks up on start-up.

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by <<ReMeDy&g, Mar 3, 2012.

1. <<ReMeDy&g
    OP

<<ReMeDy&g Member

Newcomer
    Oct 25, 2011
    United States
    I followed method B on this guide:
    http://gbatemp.net/t...-for-beginners/

Unfortunately, the guide doesn't mention how to set up the loader with NTFS in mind. When I attempt to load CFGLoader from my SDCard, nothing happens. I see a big opening screen and in the bottom-corner it reads "v70 248" and it stays on this screen, locked up. I did everything the guide told me. I'm using a 1TB Western Digital My Book Essential.

Any ideas how to get CFGLoader to work?

2. <<ReMeDy&g
    OP

<<ReMeDy&g Member

Newcomer
    Oct 25, 2011
    United States
    I tried a different loader (USB Loader GX), but it suffers from the same problem... It gets to the main screen, says it's "loading..." but nothing happens. I also followed the loader's included "Step By Step" text readme.

It's worth nothing when I run these apps when my USB device is unplugged, the apps work just fine. It's only when I have my USB device plugged in that they go ape shit and freeze up. When unplugged, USB Loader GX will say, "Waiting for your slow USB device..." When I plug one in, USB Loader GX doesn't know what to do with it and freezes up.

Edit: Hmm, so I used a 32GB Munasky thumb drive on FAT32 and it ended up working. Weird. I know NTFS should work regardless, so I'm not convinced it was a file system issue. Oh well, regardless, I got it working now.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice