ROM Hack getting bowsers story to work on r4 without ys menu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is possible if someone pulls a soul silver(copy n paste English to Jap rom). but the game has been out so long nobody probably will.

I could never get ysmenu to work so i guess ill never play it.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i already know they made it already and only hope for non ysmenu is someone will do it for this game(not happening)

ysmenu is extremely aggravating to get set up. i know where to get it but last time i attempted it i just ended up getting angry.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lazy727 said:
i already know they made it already and only hope for non ysmenu is someone will do it for this game(not happening)

ysmenu is extremely aggravating to get set up. i know where to get it but last time i attempted it i just ended up getting angry.With all the simple utilities to set up YSMenu for various cards, getting YSMenu running shouldn't be an issue.
I -HIGHLY- recommend Maikel Steneker's R4YSAuto updated by Depravo.
While it does use the command line (black window where you type stuff in) it is by far the best one to use.
Set-up for your card is a one-time thing, then you can update it just by replacing files in the R4YSAuto folder.

Do you by chance have a fake R4?
Because that'll explain why you have so many issues with YSMenu.

QUOTE(basher11 @ Mar 27 2010, 02:44 PM) what's with the topic title?

very misleading.
It's not really misleading.. just kinda, poorly worded.
Should have made the topic into a question, like "Can you get Bowser's Inside Story working on R4 without YSMenu?"
The stuff about Pokemon is more of a suggestion for someone to try putting the (U) text into the (J) ROM.

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Lazy727 said:
last time i attempted it i just ended up getting angry.

You could use R4 YSauto to compile YSmenu for you.
I had the same problem before I found R4 YSauto.

But when you do that, remember to download the latest DSTT firmware so the game will work.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cool that was easier lol.

so i just pop that r4 custom english where the english folder was?

it asked number of ways to install it and i said as firmware, that right?

TSPhoenix

Trophies
XP
Country
Firmware means it replaces your existing R4 menu meaning you will always be using YSMenu. Many people do this, but personally I'd pick one of the other options as there are some games that work on the regular R4 1.18 but not on YSMenu. Better to have both IMO.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TSPhoenix said:
Firmware means it replaces your existing R4 menu meaning you will always be using YSMenu. Many people do this, but personally I'd pick one of the other options as there are some games that work on the regular R4 1.18 but not on YSMenu. Better to have both IMO.
True.

Maximum Compatibility:
>> R4's 1.18 Firmware + YSMenu/DSTT 1.17a12 Auto-Run (Default.NDS) + R4li's 1.24 (_DS_MENU.DAT as R4li.nds)

Maximum Usability:
>> Moonshell2.09 Firmware + Normmatt's Overlay & Xenon++'s YSLoader + YSMenu/DSTT 1.17a12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when it asks me what to install it as, what should i say then? i still like my firmware 1.18 also i just wanna play this as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: