Getting bored with my nds .......

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All the PSP is good for is Homebrew and Emulation.

You're gonna start missing [and desperately wanting] those fresh, new, original titles like Pokemon and Ouedan real soon if you sell off you DS.

This is coming from a guy that owns both systems.
wink.gif

Bamboo

Trophies
XP
Country
I had a ds phat I saw the psp and how cool it was and i could put games on it easy (this was when ds flash cards wernt as good as r4) and i loved the 3d graphics and all so i sold my ds and got one the games are really shit they are kind of like watery versions of proper games that you woudl see on the pc. i feel they arnt good enough to be portable games ( bar some really good ones , loco roco , me and my katamari, burnout legends ) and not good enough to be cool graphic games ( if i want a game like that i can play awesoem games on my pc) then a year later i looked back here and noticed how the games have a better vibe, mayeb because i grew up with nintendo, so i sold my psp and got a ds lite its awesome so many cool games i love the japanese vibe. the games are not trying to be something they arnt , they are portable games and thats how they are designed if you want something to take over your life get soem awesoem pc games.

ryohki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've got both, and sway between them, psp has had no real releases of value lately, so I've been playing heaps of DS.
psp is good, but you'll want a 4gb memory stick.
it too, gets boring, though

leetdude_007

Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
All the cool kids know about this little thing called patience.

The next Nintendo handheld is going to cause a ruckus (my guess would be that they will have some kind of VirtualConsole-esque service). Let's hope they don't rely on moving parts, firmware updates, and 4 hours of battery life.

EDIT: Well the firmware updates would be nice. But not Sony-Style.

ZeWarriorReturnz

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I say **** the DS and sell it. I got bored with mine. Currently it's being shipped to nintendo for repairs, in which after I'll trade it-in along with everything but my Flashcarts and MicroSDs, in which those I'll see here. I play my PSP frequently, though it gets boring just roaming lcs. Anyway go for it! I'm selling my PS2 + DSL for a 360 though.

OG LOCC NESS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have to agree with the other poster here- don't sell your DS, just get a PSP (with a downgradable firmware, otherwise it's basically useless). And Tekken Dark Resurrection is really hard to play and get combos with because of the PSP control pad.

Also, the new PSPs will probably have a newer firmware and will not be downgradable for a while, so just get a cheap old one and a 4 GB memory stick and you're fine. A used downgradable PSP costs around $150 with a game or so.

CatScam

ScamaRama!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I’ve got them both & I seem to play my DS considerably more. And about the brothers in arms for the PSP, I agree the PSP’s version looks awesome. But I had to stop playing it the controls sucked so bad I was about to smash my PSP. Remember the grass is always greener on the other side, but if you want it I say get it.

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'd say buy a PSP but don't sell your DS - Zelda, FFXII, Dragon Quest etc... not good enough reasons to keep it?

I got a bit bored of my DS and bought a PSP but now I'm back on my DS again... and my PSP has been collecting dust for a few months. I will probably go back to it in a few weeks though because there are a lots of games I havn't gotten round to playing yet like Megaman Powered Up, I've been meaning to check out.

smile.gif

Torte

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
^^ You miss the good games and you say you're tired of it already?!
And FF12RW ain't a good reason btw.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.