ROM Hack Question Getting Banned question , plz read and answer

Is my question possible?

• yes , you can pirate offline games and play legit online games without getting banned

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • no , you can't ... sadly

Votes: 15 83.3%

• Total voters

Kaan3DS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I want to hack my switch so badly , but only to pirate offline games , not online , but if I hacked my switch for example and I have a legit copy of splatoon 2 will I get banned because my switch is hacked if I play Splatoon 2(online) alot? or will I get banned if I play online games which are pirated. Why do I want to pirate in the first place ; it takes me 3-4 months to save up money for a game (I currently have Splatoon2 and Zelda Botw) and I want so much games thanks to those reviewers on youtube, it also took me longer than a year to get a switch I'm only 15.

So if I only pirate offline games will I get banned? (while I still play online games alot but they're legit)

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As of right now, if you care about online play with your legitimately purchased games, you should not run pirated content on that Switch. You will probably get banned.

Reactions: Armadillo

Kaan3DS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
nope they will find out i bet either way there is no safe area if you mod/Pirate Nintendo's taking no prisoners this time
Will there ever be a safe area , cuz I see alot of splatoon 2 hackers and they don't even get banned , they must've modded their console as well

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are very desperate, there is one way you can pirate games without getting banned, but it's a huge hassle. Also, I'm not responsible if you do get banned, or if you break your Switch in the process.

Before you do ANYTHING you must make a full backup of your NAND. Afterwards, delete your wireless connections and turn on airplane mode. You want to make sure you don't go online while you have pirated games installed.

Next, swap microSD cards. You want one card for all of your legit stuff, and another card for all of your illegitimate stuff.

Now, use whatever method you want to load backups (SX OS, LayeredFS, Hekate/ReiNX with sigpatches, etc.) Play and have fun.

When you want to play online again, use Checkpoint or a similar homebrew and backup all your saves (otherwise you will lose them!)

Restore your NAND backup to your Switch, and switch back to the microSD card you're using for legit purposes.

Congratulations, now your console is back to stock, and there's really know way (that we know of, anyway) that Nintendo can tell you were using pirated games on it. Feel free to play online with it.

If you want to play your pirated games again, you have to start back at the beginning. Make a new NAND backup (to retain savedata in your legit games, and for consistency in telemetry data). Disable wireless. Swap your SD card. You can use Checkpoint to restore your saves for your illegitimate content.

Wash, rinse, repeat. If this sounds like a big pain in the ass just to be able to play some pirated games, it is. Emunand could potentially make things much easier.

And just to clarify, there is NO known way of playing pirated titles online, at least not without a very high ban risk that cannot be undone. Once you are banned, nothing can get you unbanned!

Type_O_Dev

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are very desperate, there is one way you can pirate games without getting banned, but it's a huge hassle. Also, I'm not responsible if you do get banned, or if you break your Switch in the process.

Before you do ANYTHING you must make a full backup of your NAND. Afterwards, delete your wireless connections and turn on airplane mode. You want to make sure you don't go online while you have pirated games installed.

Next, swap microSD cards. You want one card for all of your legit stuff, and another card for all of your illegitimate stuff.

Now, use whatever method you want to load backups (SX OS, LayeredFS, Hekate/ReiNX with sigpatches, etc.) Play and have fun.

When you want to play online again, use Checkpoint or a similar homebrew and backup all your saves (otherwise you will lose them!)

Restore your NAND backup to your Switch, and switch back to the microSD card you're using for legit purposes.

Congratulations, now your console is back to stock, and there's really know way (that we know of, anyway) that Nintendo can tell you were using pirated games on it. Feel free to play online with it.

If you want to play your pirated games again, you have to start back at the beginning. Make a new NAND backup (to retain savedata in your legit games, and for consistency in telemetry data). Disable wireless. Swap your SD card. You can use Checkpoint to restore your saves for your illegitimate content.

Wash, rinse, repeat. If this sounds like a big pain in the ass just to be able to play some pirated games, it is. Emunand could potentially make things much easier.

And just to clarify, there is NO known way of playing pirated titles online, at least not without a very high ban risk that cannot be undone. Once you are banned, nothing can get you unbanned!
I do the same the other thing is leave nand verification on while doing the backup then remove it during restores this will save time, make sure you have backups of backups. in case you loose one.

D

Deleted User

I want to hack my switch so badly , but only to pirate offline games , not online , but if I hacked my switch for example and I have a legit copy of splatoon 2 will I get banned because my switch is hacked if I play Splatoon 2(online) alot? or will I get banned if I play online games which are pirated. Why do I want to pirate in the first place ; it takes me 3-4 months to save up money for a game (I currently have Splatoon2 and Zelda Botw) and I want so much games thanks to those reviewers on youtube, it also took me longer than a year to get a switch I'm only 15.

So if I only pirate offline games will I get banned? (while I still play online games alot but they're legit)
For my understanding, I have been waiting to get banned but and it can happen anytime soon. I play my legitimate games on OFW and I use SX OS completely offline. If I need to update games, I boot into OFW. I play Splatoon 2 with everything maxed out online. Cant say it's safe but a ban will come one day

Reactions: Kaan3DS

Type_O_Dev

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For my understanding, I have been waiting to get banned but and it can happen anytime soon. I play my legitimate games on OFW and I use SX OS completely offline. If I need to update games, I boot into OFW. I play Splatoon 2 with everything maxed out online. Cant say it's safe but a ban will come one day
It may be to late but if you are going to update backups you should inject a real ticket with xci explorer. xci's tickets are removed so use cart dumper to extract them.

D

Deleted User

It may be to late but if you are going to update backups you should inject a real ticket with xci explorer. xci's tickets are removed so use cart dumper to extract them.
When I boot into OFW, I dont need the cartridge inserted. After clicking the game from SX OS menu, I boot into OFW and update the games

Type_O_Dev

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I boot into OFW, I dont need the cartridge inserted. After clicking the game from SX OS menu, I boot into OFW and update the games
even though you are doing threw OFW it will still look for cert, these are gamecart identifiers each one is different. I mean you accept that you will get banned. Personally I have avoided the hammer by backing up my switch and restoring when i want to play online. I also do not use same sd card when using sx os. I never updated games also unless downloading them threw CDNSP and installing threw sx os

D

Deleted User

even though you are doing threw OFW it will still look for cert, these are gamecart identifiers each one is different. I mean you accept that you will get banned. Personally I have avoided the hammer by backing up my switch and restoring when i want to play online. I also do not use same sd card when using sx os. I never updated games also unless downloading them threw CDNSP and installing threw sx os
I cant say I will never get banned. I'm expecting a ban soon. People get banned in waves and sooner or later I'll get banned. Nintendo keeping track of the certificate is true but not launching the games offline just to update it in OFW is something else. I've never used CDN and neither do I install games with the tools SXOS have stolen I used it since Day 1, eventually I might make a mistake and get banned like everyone. Using SX OS used while online is something I avoid. I am able to just Switch to OFW and play the games I purchased online for several hours and bans have avoided my console and instead banned my little brother's Switch while he was using SX OS

Reactions: Type_O_Dev

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr