GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually sold my copy of the game a while back. It was my second game for my DS, but the controls -- being new to the DS at the time -- were really, really hard on my hands. I never could get comfortable, and it made me kind of lose heart with the game. The online gameplay only made it worse. I'd heard rumors of hackers and all that...I'm not sure if anyone was actually able to cheat or not, but it just wasn't fun most of the time. People either lagged terribly, disconnected prematurely, or stayed invisible during the fray so they could land some easy snipes.

But now, after quite a few games following in its footsteps, MPH feels a whole lot more natural. I started going through the adventure mode again last night, and I'm really enjoying it. The story mode was actually not that interesting the first time around and, truth be told, I may not finish it this time around either. But I definitely appreciate it more now.

I know there are a lot of diehard fans out there, so some folks might not be able to identify. The controls and mechanical design of the game have always been incredibly tight. But I just didn't quite love it the first time around. Now, though, I'm really diggin' it.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've always found MPH hard to control, so I've never gotten into it. Deathmatch games with friends are still fun even though I don't have a clue about what to do
smile.gif

gaboumafou

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The controls were a problem for me, too... Do you play with the thumbstrap, or the stylus?

I guess being a lefty doesn't help when playing this game...
frown.gif

HellShade

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
only 2 bosses

nuff said

Yeah, because the hunters didn't count as bosses at all, right?

Just because they weren't shut up in a boss chamber doesn't make them any less of a boss (in metroid terms)

Yes, fighting the two octolith guards over and over again was repetitive, but really, the hunters and the levels (even though there were only 4) made up for that.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The controls were a problem for me, too... Do you play with the thumbstrap, or the stylus?

I guess being a lefty doesn't help when playing this game...
frown.gif

Yeah, lefty here, too. And the controls were my only really problem where the bosses were concerned. It's not that they were overly difficult, but they could take a while to defeat. With all the scrambling you have to constantly do with the eyeball dude, my hands would start giving out.

But I am really enjoying it again so far. I think the last time I got about seven or eight octoliths, but never completed the game. Perhaps I'll try to see it through this time just to see the ending and all that.

Zaroco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wooh! Go lefties.
Dual mode lags terribly.

The adventure's pretty good, liked all the hunters.....until they died
sleep.gif

Multiplayers the best though.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I didn't like the Singleplayer at all. After a while, I got stuck, and I couldn't do anything but fighting the same hunters over and over... I'm planning to play it again soon. Maybe with the help of a walkthrough, so I know what I should do
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/34203/Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Survivor_Trilogy/ mmm