Hacking Getting "an error has occurred, forcing the software to close" - how to fix?

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry to necro this thread but I didn't want to make a new one. I finally got the my blue card in the mail, but I have a few questions before I begin :

1. The version of the launcher I used to have was 2.2, which I can't find on the Gateway website anymore. According to the instructions here (http://www.modchipfactory.com/blog/...teway-3ds-to-play-3ds-games-on-n3ds-v4-1-4-5/)

"Once opened, navigate to the “Blue Card (R4i)” folder, and extract all the folders/files in it to the root of your microSD card. Insert the microSD card into the blue labeled Flash Kit, and then insert the blue labeled Flash Kit into your 3DS. "

Will this cause any incompatibilities with the launcher.dat which is 2.2 still on my SD card? (saves etc) Should I just re-format everything and start from scratch? I would really like to keep my saves if possible. Or do I not even need to touch the SD card?

2. After that I should eventually get to this step :

"After it launches you will see an icon with the GW3DS logo called “GW Install”, highlight it and press A. You will now boot into a screen that says “Press A to Install”, and “Press B to Exit”. Press A, and the GW Install homebrew application will begin exploiting your 3DS system."

I've watched some Youtube videos of this step and there is an option to select which version of 3DS I have...how do I know which version I have? I checked System Settings but there is no way to tell there.

I'm probably making this whole process a lot harder than it really is (I've never done it before) but it seems terribly confusing to me right now and I don't want to start anything yet for fear of bricking the system.
1. Update to 2.6. You won't lose any saves or stuff like that.
But if you want to stay on 2.2 it's fine too. The blue card exploit has been the same since the the beginning. So it can work with all Launcher versions
2. Well, you check the english letter after the 3ds firmware version. U is US, E is EU, J is JP, K is Korea, not sure what letters for Taiwan/Hong Kong and iQue are.

Also, please post your questions in the Noob Paradise next time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Also the wood ui for twl menu is back... +2