Hacking Getting a softmodded wii repaired

UKTone

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I delete homebrew, other utility channels, and homebrewed virtual and wii ware games. Also deleted all saves from the shop games I didn't pay for.

Is it possible they can find like the cios hacks and many other things? If so how can I get rid of them?

If these precautions aren't or may not be enough would updating my wii through the wii setting be enough? What about at the very least formatting it (can't copy super mario bros. brawl to sd, so I would hopefully not have to).

If they do find out, could I be arrested, banned from wifi and/or nintendo, etc.? I support nintendo, just don't have too much money for their games, but do plan on reserving and buying New Super Mario Bros. Wii and Naruto Shippuden CoNR 3. Then I will also get Metroid when I can afford another game.

Edit: Also repairing my Wii because my nephew (4) tripped over my gamecube cords twice and my wii fell hard to the wooden ground vertically and the fan doesn't work anymore.

illinialex24

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Use AnyTitleDeleter DB to uninstall every custom IOS you have, IOS249 then last after every title you didnt pay for and every IOS you didnt pay for. Then use an app to get the latest versions of the app without the signing bug and your pretty much good.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you had preloader, you will need to make sure to clean up the files left over from it. also, if you had an older version of HBC, your message board will be full of all the times you loaded it.

i went through erasing the pirate tracks from my wii and i noticed that when i deleted titles, their entries seemed to be erased from the message board. i don't know if this always holds true, though. so i just deleted the entire message board (as the wii was 3/4 bricked anyways). not sure what files are left behind from doing a system format, but i would try that.

UKTone

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aww omg yeah, and usb loader (a lot of them). How do I get rid of all the wii messages?

Also for any deleter, even though I deleted the channels manually (data, channels), I have to do something else? If so how?
And should I delete all the cios last since I may still need them to get rid of other things they might be able to find out stuff from.

UKTone

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crap, yeah, and usb loader (a lot of them). How do I get rid of all the wii messages?
Also I don't want to format unless there is no other way.

Also for any deleter, even though I deleted the channels manually (data, channels), I have to do something else? If so how?
And should I delete all the cios last since I may still need them to get rid of other things they might be able to find out stuff from.

If seems too risky without formatting, I'll just buy a fan and the screwdrivers I need to open my wii.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's wrong with it that it needs repairing?

You can always just delete the system menu and tell them it stopped working after you tried to download a new update that popped up.

UKTone

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for double post, got an error, probably because I am using my phone.

The fan isn't working, so it over heats and somethings like usb loader wouldn't load up, hoping it is because of the fan or my cios are gone and not that my wii is dying.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
[sarcasm]yes they will arrest you from WFC[/sarcasm]

you dont have warranty anyway, so either way they are still going to charge you for the service, hacked or not.

and there not even going to care, just give you an entirely different wii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Every so often they only come around like once a year