Getting a new psp need some advice.

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by gettogaara, Sep 9, 2010.

Sep 9, 2010
  1. gettogaara
    OP

Member gettogaara GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Well as most of you know my psp got damaged with liquid thanks to my cousins a few weeks back. Well I got a screwdriver and opened it up trying to see if the damage was between the screen and plastic cover but unfortunatley it was'nt. The card reader was also damaged and I could tell this because not only was it not working properly but there was some sticky goo on it which showed that the sprite had worked its way in there. Anyhow I acidentally broke one of the tabs on the inside to lock the screen in place which means I can no longer get picture by connecting my screen to the system. Now I've decided to take it completley apart and use it for spare parts. What parts should i take if any?
    Anyway I've decided to get a completley new psp although I'm not sure what model to get since I'm not sure if I want to download games or buy them since I've always been a supporter of sony. I also like people being able to see the cases of my games to know I actually own them. At the same time I was thinking about downloading the japanese games and buying the american ones. If I want to do something like this what version should I get?

2. lordrand11

Member lordrand11 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    probably a psp 2000 would suit your needs more it has the extra ram on board and has tv connectivity just buy a used one if you want to be able to play japanese backups.

3. ball2012003

ball2012003 Newbie

psp 3000 since you want to buy games but make sure its on version 5.03(or something like that) so that you can soft mod it since you want to download jap games.

4. ryuhosuke

Newcomer ryuhosuke Advanced Member

Canada
    dont think you can find psp 3000 with 5.03 firmware.. its a rare find, i know there is still used psp 2000 with star wars

5. gettogaara
    OP

United States
    Well can't you just downgrade by connecting it to the computer or something?

6. Jolan

Member Jolan Unlimited Bear Works

Bulgaria
    Nope, if it were that easy, people would be, you know, DOING IT ALL THE TIME.

Just buy a 2nd hand 2k with perm CFW.

7. gettogaara
    OP

United States
    Well yeah thats true lol. Also I got an offer from a member selling a psp 2000 with cfw, a pandora battery and some other stuff for what I think is 125$ is that a good price?

8. thedicemaster

Member thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    sounds like a decent deal if it's in a good condition.

9. JinTrigger

Member JinTrigger Asentrix Studios

United States
    Yeah I'd go with a 2000 and thats sound good like dicemaster said. That's what I went for when my 3000 broke and it was a good choice.