Hardware Getting a new Computer

• Thread starter Deleted-379826
  • Start date
  • Views 2,927
  • Replies 41
D

Deleted-379826

OP
Note when building a PC, you need to consider every part when building on a budget. Consider the case, mobo, ram, CPU, GPU, power supply, hard drive, cooling, and possibly OS.
Ik :) I'm ginna get my uncle to help me out

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Note when building a PC, you need to consider every part when building on a budget. Consider the case, mobo, ram, CPU, GPU, power supply, hard drive, , optical drive, cooling, and possibly OS. If you have parts you can use from a recycled PC, use them. You can get away with used cases, optical drives, some HDD's ect to cut a few costs.
All i can re use is the mouse keyboard and speakers. Might use the same monitor although I've Been meqning to ask does a better monitor slow down your pc?

mgrev

Music Addict, Video Game Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'd say you should get the following parts from amazon.ca
Intel Core I5 6600K.
MSI Z170A PC Mate Motherboard
Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB Ram (2x4gb) (upgrade to 16 gb if you want to)
EVGA 500w 80+ Certified Power supply
Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB SSD
Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD
NZXT S340 Case
Cooler Master Hyper TX3 CPU Cooler
The AMD Radeon RX 480 when it launches

Reactions: Deleted-379826
D

Deleted-379826

OP
I'd say you should get the following parts from amazon.ca
Intel Core I5 6600K.
MSI Z170A PC Mate Motherboard
Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB Ram (2x4gb) (upgrade to 16 gb if you want to)
EVGA 500w 80+ Certified Power supply
Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB SSD
Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD
NZXT S340 Case
Cooler Master Hyper TX3 CPU Cooler
The AMD Radeon RX 480 when it launches
OH my god I love you (can you add in a price too :) )

mgrev

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Ik :) I'm ginna get my uncle to help me out

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

All i can re use is the mouse keyboard and speakers. Might use the same monitor although I've Been meqning to ask does a better monitor slow down your pc?
The monitor does not slow down your pc. it can only limit how many frames per second it can show, but i would bet yours has a 60 Hz refresh rate, which emits 60 frames per seconds. You can also buy windows (or pirate it, but i'd say buy it) or use some linux distro
EDIT: The price of the above parts are currently 801 Canadian Dollars on amazon.ca

D

Deleted-379826

OP
The monitor does not slow down your pc. it can only limit how many frames per second it can show, but i would bet yours has a 60 Hz refresh rate, which emits 60 frames per seconds. You can also buy windows (or pirate it, but i'd say buy it) or use some linux distro
Nah I'm gonna buy ;) Windows 10 although I believe my uncle can lend me a version

D

Deleted-379826

OP
yeah, buying it is the best option. however DO NOT buy an OEM key, because these can only be used once
In case you didn't realize I had the wink for a reason lol and I think my uncle does have a key although I think I'm gonna pass on the ssd would the case still be good And again sorry if I'm asking too much can I get a price on that?

mgrev

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
In case you didn't realize I had the wink for a reason lol and I think my uncle does have a key although I think I'm gonna pass on the ssd would the case still be good And again sorry if I'm asking too much can I get a price on that?
i edited it in the post. 801 cad. then the rx 480 for about 200 cad. and a windows licence for about 100 cad (unless your uncle had one)

D

Deleted-379826

OP
i edited it in the post. 801 cad. then the rx 480 for about 200 cad. and a windows licence for about 100 cad (unless your uncle had one)
THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH <3 I'll give you a follow because why not lol and if you really have nothing to do and want to be extra awesome links? But dude for real such a big thanks(minus ssd)

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D

Deleted-379826

OP

AbyssalMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
For the video cards, I've always found this place the easiest for tracking down the best prices. It's where I looked to nab my 980ti for the best price like a month after release when they were *still* out of stock in most places.
https://www.nowinstock.net/ca/computers/videocards/ <---- canadian tracker, might check other trackers if your interested. :shrug:

D

Deleted-379826

OP
Sorry for asking again but you havent answered yet how more or less do you think that'd be?

D

Deleted-379826

OP
if anyone can provide links to what @mgrev said on amazon.ca I would really appreciate because I'm not sure if I bookmarked all the proper ones.

D

Deleted-379826

OP
Alright so I've seen lately there's info about the gpu, would you guys still say I'm OK if I end up going through with this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, a mixture of that and herbert the pervert +1