Get this working...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by polendino, May 25, 2010.

May 25, 2010

Get this working... by polendino at 7:31 AM (765 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. polendino
    OP

Newcomer polendino Member

Australia
    I have a Wii, version 4.2A at the moment, with the Homebrew Channel installed.

I'm a little pissed at the massive delay on Super Mario Galaxy 2 in Australia, and one thing led to another, and now I need uLoader to work. It doesn't at the moment.

I need the ultra-noob's guide to getting this working. Tell me what I have to install, where to get it, and what to do. Assume I know nothing, and have nothing save the HBC channel. I already have the HBC, so I've done that much. Working backwards from uLoader to the cIOS 222 installer v5, I needed my "dev/es" patched, so I was led to Waninkoko's CIOSX rev19 installer, which claims I should press A, though it is not letting me press a, or b. the music just keeps going. Am I doing the right thing, or should something else be done?

Please help me!

~Polendino

2. Riley

Member Riley GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    k run cIOSX rev 19 and install as base 38.

Install the Hermes cIOS v4

# IOS222 with base IOS38
    # IOS223 with base IOS38 merged with 37
    # IOS202 with base IOS38 merged with 60

Now IMHO you should use CFG-Loader or Usb Loader GX too boot your games off usb.

And remember to set your language to English and to FORCE NTSC to get Galaxy working on a PAL wii.

3. polendino
    OP

Australia
    Hmm... I'm getting the tiniest bit of trouble. If you could n00bify it some more, it would be massively appreciated, but I'll try and work it out.

EDIT: When installing the CIOSX rev 19, I pick IOS38, accept the disclaimer, then select base IOS38 v3867 (Was that right?), then Network Installation. It downloads a buncha stuff successfully, then It says;
    [+] Installing Custom IOS, please wait...
    >>> Install ERROR! (ret = -2011)

It then claims to have finished successfully. Was that right?

4. Riley

Member Riley GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    k have you restored the trucha bug ? if not run MMM and press Install & Patch IOS36. Then run Remove Stubbed IOS. Once all thats done run the installer under IOS36 then pick IOS38 as base.

5. polendino
    OP

Australia
    I managed to get a long way with this, and now I have CFGLoader installed on my SD card. Only problem now is, I can't get the 4.7GB .iso onto my 32GB FAT32 USB stick. What are the directory paths for CFGLoader, if there are any, and is there anything other than the .iso I need to put on? (I'm reformatting my USB drive now.)