Get them before there gone

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Game Dragon, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Game Dragon
    OP

Game Dragon GBAtemp Regular

Jan 17, 2011
    If the rumor that the DSi has been discontinued are right, the sales of flash card and support of flash cards will drop like a hot rock not to mention a price hike, I am glad I ordered a second flash card because I think they will be hard to get very quickly
    I would recommend that you get a second flash card NOW before it's too late

2. machomuu

machomuu Drops by occasionally

Sep 4, 2009
    United States
    The Courtroom
    I don't think so, people will still buy the carts. I mean, it's not like they can't still buy XLs or Lites.

3. Fireballo

Fireballo Banned

Banned
    Dec 28, 2010
    United States
    you can still buy gba carts, you can still buy game boy carts, hell you can still buy Game Gear and Lynx carts. The DSi XL is going to stay in production so get your facts straight before you claim the sky is falling.

4. zizer

zizer GBAtemp Addict

Aug 23, 2010
    lol , you are right

5. Game Dragon
    OP

Jan 17, 2011
    Get your facts straight, did I mention the DSi XL no only DSi only and this is my own personal view
    there are too many flash card manufactures so some will have to go, who will be first

6. geoflcl

geoflcl Permanent GBAtemp Newbie

Jan 18, 2009
    United States
    I'm quite sure the DSi isn't discontinued.

For one thing, the 3DS has yet to be released as of this time of writing. Also, not everyone feels the DSi XL is superior to the regular ol' DSi. I for one prefer its compact, less bulky design. The DSi XL wasn't meant to replace the original DSi model, but as an alternative for those who benefit from its larger size.

Don't worry, there's still quite a bit of life left in Ninty's tinier DSi model. If the transition of power from DS to 3DS is anything like the one from GBA to DS was, we'll be seeing a steady stream of DS games for at least another year. And as such, flashcart teams will still be hard at work making sure their cards work perfectly with each and every one of them. [​IMG]

7. TwinRetro

TwinRetro Global Moderator

Global Moderator
    Aug 29, 2008
    Djibouti
    Hiatus Hell
    Considering Nintendo is still pumping out DS Lites, DSi won't be discontinued for a while.

8. Game Dragon
    OP

Jan 17, 2011
    I thought the light had been stopped, I agree if the light is still being manufactured then there is no reason for the DSi to be stopped

9. Scruffy

Scruffy Member

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2009
    United States
    On a boxcar roaming the US
    Not everyone releases a new system, and then shuts down the old one immediately. Heck, everyone besides Microsoft has let games come out after the new tech is released, like Twilight Princess for the Gamecube, or even the PS2. Second, if everyone started to rush out and buy as many flash carts as they could, it would be hard to get them really quickly.

10. Qtis

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Feb 28, 2010
    The Forge
    Yes the DSLite is still in production. As for the DSi, even if they'd stop production, it'd still be around for years for the supply to diminish to a zero. The original DS is the only DS-line product that isn't manufactured anymore and heck, I can still buy one new if I wanted to..

-Qtis

11. Evo.lve

Evo.lve All that you could be.

Oct 11, 2010
    Away from you.
    ...?

Nintendo still pumps out DS Lites. Hell, I've seen brand new Phat's on shelves. The DSi and the DSi XL are the same thing, so get your facts straight before you try to argue with someone. Flashcarts are here to stay.

12. Cuelhu

Cuelhu GBATemp's Pepelatz Driver

May 19, 2010
    Brazil
    Fantasy Land
    I'm buying ten of then right now and you should do that as well.
    Quick, before it's too late!
    [​IMG]

13. gamefan5

gamefan5 Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur

Aug 29, 2010
    Canada
    Somewhere in this Earth
    Sorry dude, but the DS won't be discontinued for a while. However that may happen when the year ends.

14. Evo.lve

Evo.lve All that you could be.

Oct 11, 2010
    Away from you.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

15. 1986worldcupstic

1986worldcupstic Member

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2010
    Trollthread much ?

16. ars25

ars25 I like tacos and pie

Oct 21, 2010
    United States
    the world that never was
    no they will probably continue making dsi for a while but they will ether stop production or lower the price when they release the 3ds

17. TwinRetro

TwinRetro Global Moderator

Global Moderator
    Aug 29, 2008
    Djibouti
    Hiatus Hell
    Another thing to take into consideration...

The Nintendo DS was released on November 1st, 2004. The Gameboy Micro was released September 13th of 2005 and stopped production somewhere in 2007, meaning it was released well after the DS.

18. moodswinger

moodswinger GBAtemp Regular

Sep 6, 2008
    Chances are, if the 3DS gets hacked with the use of flashcards, 3DS flashcards would probably have backward compatibility with the DSi.