Get ready for proper Smag Wii U Edition, lads!

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,821
  • Replies 21
  • Likes 11
D

Deleted User

OP
:^)

U4G8vv4.jpg

smag-newemoji-gif-gif.58349

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
serious question, for this IOSU crap, do you need to go into Mii Maker to load unsigned code, or is it coldboot?

D

Deleted User

OP
serious question, for this IOSU crap, do you need to go into Mii Maker to load unsigned code, or is it coldboot?
afaik, you can only do that if you ran the kernel exploit beforehand.

But, if you install System Config Tool, you can run Mii Maker and then exit the app, and SCT should boot. SysConfTool allows you to do some things the kernel exploit can also do, plus more (installing/uninstalling apps/updates, launch apps, manage settings, etc.)

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afaik, you can only do that if you ran the kernel exploit beforehand.

But, if you install System Config Tool, you can run Mii Maker and then exit the app, and SCT should boot. SysConfTool allows you to do some things the kernel exploit can also do, plus more (installing/uninstalling apps/updates, launch apps, manage settings, etc.)
If I install System Config, that makes it so I don't have to run the exploit via browser, just go in and out of Mii Maker? Is that what you're saying?

D

Deleted User

OP
If I install System Config, that makes it so I don't have to run the exploit via browser, just go in and out of Mii Maker? Is that what you're saying?
In a shellnut, yeah... but if you want to access homebrew apps in ELF format, you'd still need to run the kernel exploit + HBL MP4 file.

Reactions: CeeDee

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In a shellnut, yeah... but if you want to access homebrew apps in ELF format, you'd still need to run the kernel exploit + HBL MP4 file.
Neat!
What exactly does it do? Allow basic unsigned app running?

Is it all stable and complete yet?

D

Deleted User

OP
Neat!
What exactly does it do? Allow basic unsigned app running?

Is it all stable and complete yet?
When you say 'Is it all stable and complete yet', are you talking about System Config Tool and the IOSU exploit mixed to run those said unsigned apps? If so, then yes; but you need to sign and encrypt the game contents into *.app and *.h3 files using the SDK and retail common key so they can install through SCT (as the Wii U decrypts the contents during installation using its common key). But this shouldn't matter; you can pack pretty much anything you want into those *.app and *.h3 files and it will still successfully install and run.

Take a look at Space Game! We just got that ported over to WUT recently and it all works from the home menu too thanks to the power of packing .app files:

(Not my footage ;))

Last edited by ,

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you say 'Is it all stable and complete yet', are you talking about System Config Tool and the IOSU exploit mixed to run those said unsigned apps? If so, then yes; but you need to sign and encrypt the game contents into *.app and *.h3 files using the SDK and retail common key so they can install through SCT (as the Wii U decrypts the contents during installation using its common key). But this shouldn't matter; you can pack pretty much anything you want into those *.app and *.h3 files and it will still successfully install and run.

Take a look at Space Game! We just got that ported over to WUT recently and it all works from the home menu too thanks to the power of packing .app files:

(Not my footage ;))

Cool stuff. How simple would it be to get an NUS downloaded game to run? (eg, an eShop game) They're already in .app and .h3 format and have everything but a valid ticket.

Is there a guide to get the SCT app and other unsigned code to run through this?

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
Cool stuff. How simple would it be to get an NUS downloaded game to run? (eg, an eShop game) They're already in .app and .h3 format and have everything but a valid ticket.

Is there a guide to get the SCT app and other unsigned code to run through this?
I wouldn't recommend using it, but if you really want it go to that iso site and find the ultimate rednand guide.

D

Deleted User

OP
the nand dumper is extremely unstable (i've tried 55 times and no dice), the usefulness is minimum and there's a new dumper coming soon from dimok. Just enjoy your Brazilian exploit games.
Huh... it only took me 1 attempt to dump my NAND to my SD card and it succeeded... I'm really interested to see what SD cards y'all using. :wink:

(I used a Sandisk 64GB card; see below)

sandisk_sdsdunc_064g_gn6in_ultra_sd_64gb_card_80mb_s_1185200.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-