Homebrew Question get out of rcm boot?

mat03111984

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
my sd card slot has failed and and my switch has powered off. when i try boot on switch nothing happens and if i try boot into cfw it asks for boot.dat which it cant read from my sd. any way to get out of rcm and just boot up as normal?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
keep pressed the power button for 12 seconds (or more) until it shutdowns completely.
then don't use jig when you boot again. Of course it'll work only if you didn't install autoRCM or else you'll be back to RCM without using the jig.

you are sure it's a SD card slot fault; you can't use another card?

Last edited by Cyan,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
my sd card slot has failed and and my switch has powered off. when i try boot on switch nothing happens and if i try boot into cfw it asks for boot.dat which it cant read from my sd. any way to get out of rcm and just boot up as normal?
Sounds like you have AutoRCM installed, you can use the tool you installed it with originally to uninstall it, or use BriccMii.
Also, what Cyan said - the SD slot is just some metal and plastic, unless the pins are physically bent it shouldn't be broken.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

mat03111984

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sounds like you have AutoRCM installed, you can use the tool you installed it with originally to uninstall it, or use BriccMii.
Also, what Cyan said - the SD slot is just some metal and plastic, unless the pins are physically bent it shouldn't be broken.
the slot has been going for a few days now, i posted yesterday about it. no cards read now. i do has autorcm installed and i use sxos. and guide on how to remove it? and wouldnt i still need a sd card ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

keep pressed the power button for 12 seconds (or more) until it shutdowns completely.
then don't use jig when you boot again. Of course it'll work only if you didn't install autoRCM or else you'll be back to RCM without using the jig.

you are sure it's a SD card slot fault; you can't use another card?
i do have autorcm, any guide on how to remove it, and wouldnt i still need a sd card?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you have autoRCM, you'll need a way to send a payload to disable autoRCM.

either your computer, or a smartphone, or a dongle.
there are different devices you can use as payload sender, pick here the one you want to use, or the one you can use :
https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/List_of_Switch_payloads

once you have the payload sender of your choice, get and send Hekate payload binary to your console while in RCM.
from here, you'll get a menu to choose to enable/disable AutoRCM, or even launch the firmware without any patch (the option is called "stock") without removing AutoRCM.

launching the official firmware without removing autoRCM can be useful if you want to bypass fuse burning. but you might not need it, if you don't care then just disable autorcm.

another solution is to update the console, but you'll probably be banned (if not already) for using SXOS.

note:
I've read bricMii and autoRCM used different patching location and were incompatible one with another. I don't know if it's real or not.
I also don't know, if different, which one SXOS is using but I just suppose it's using the same as hekate.
you can try hekate, or bricmii, or both in case you need to disable both.
maybe someone will be able to confirm so I'll know better for the future.

Last edited by Cyan,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
the slot has been going for a few days now, i posted yesterday about it. no cards read now. i do has autorcm installed and i use sxos. and guide on how to remove it? and wouldnt i still need a sd card ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i do have autorcm, any guide on how to remove it, and wouldnt i still need a sd card?
Yes, you would. I don't think there's a way around that. Luckily, the SD reader is easy to replace, it's accessible immediately after opening the back cover and simply unplugs.
But, you should have a look inside the slot with a flashlight first of all. See if you can spot any bent or damaged pins.

mat03111984

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, you would. I don't think there's a way around that. Luckily, the SD reader is easy to replace, it's accessible immediately after opening the back cover and simply unplugs.
But, you should have a look inside the slot with a flashlight first of all. See if you can spot any bent or damaged pins.
ok thanks. yes they are £10 on ebay. ive orderded one

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1