Get my vWii clean.

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Misiel, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Misiel
    OP

Misiel Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 11, 2013
    Mexico
    i heard that the nintendo repair service doesn't repair your console if you have it softmoded, is it true?

so i need to get rid of all homebrew and IOS, the reason is that i need to send my wiiu to repair because my gamepad screen is dead.. and they make you send the console.

how can i delete everythin softmod related?

2. EmceeKerser

EmceeKerser GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 3, 2014
    The fuckin' Blue Mountains brah
    You cannot, as of now, completely clean the wii u of homebrew.

And Softmodding voids your warranty, so no they wouldnt repair it for free

3. OfficerJeffrey

OfficerJeffrey GBAtemp Regular

May 9, 2012
    United States
    Factory reset? If they ask just say you thought it would help them repair it easier for some reason (play dumb) xD

4. rposlp

rposlp Member

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2014

when they receive a broken console will they check if it is softmodded? are you sure?

5. SSG Vegeta

SSG Vegeta GBAtemp Fan

Jul 25, 2013
    United States
    They will likely send your console back because you modified the console & voided the warranty your best option is finding someone here that does console repairs

6. rposlp

rposlp Member

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2014

Im just asking, my wii u is fine, but how do you know if they are going to check if the console is softmodded? Do u think they check every console when they receive it with a hardware problem, to see if its softmodded or not? For example android phones have custom roms and many companys repair the phones if you put back the original firmware i think.

7. TheGlow

TheGlow GBAtemp Regular

Nov 23, 2013
    United States
    Da Bronx
    Its a crap shoot. I had my xbox 360 with modded drive, and I didn't even bother reflashing the stock firmware.
    They replaced and sent me another refurb back.

8. rposlp

rposlp Member

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2014
    yeah thats what i think, if your cd drive is not working i think they will not see if its softmodded or not , they see that the drive does not work, replace it or give you new console. thats the logic i hope :) In this case i think they just replace the gamepad and its good to go..

9. SSG Vegeta

SSG Vegeta GBAtemp Fan

Jul 25, 2013
    United States

I know cause Nintendo states it in its license agreement

10. rposlp

rposlp Member

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2014
    yes thats like mobile phone brands, they state that you cant modify the software but usually i think they repair your phone when you activate your warranty if it at least you eliminate visually the modified softwares you installed, thats why i think its possible that they repair softmodded consoles. if they cant see the shortcuts to HBC and modified softwares they probably will not know. only if they plug it to something ready to detect if its softmodded or not.

11. SSG Vegeta

SSG Vegeta GBAtemp Fan

Jul 25, 2013
    United States

True

12. rposlp

rposlp Member

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2014
    but i dont know if its possible to hide the homebrew channel or if you can delete it via the wii menu channels, on wii aparently you can delete it with no brick but on vwii i dont know if its safe

13. EmceeKerser

Jun 3, 2014
    Pretty sure if you delete the HB channel on vWii you cannot get it back

14. rposlp

rposlp Member

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2014
    bad news :S

15. EmceeKerser

Jun 3, 2014
    Not positive on that one, Ive just seena few people say that Hackmii wont reinstall HBC if it is deleted

16. rposlp

rposlp Member

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2014
    So then we cant hide the softmods, we need to get lucky for them not to boot into wii mode if we need to send the console for repairs.

17. nervx

nervx GBAtemp Fan

May 29, 2006
    Canada
    what exactly is wrong with your gamepad? does it work at all or is it completely dead?

the reason they want the console with the controller is to make sure its not the chip that transmits the video signal to the gamepad. if its just the screen and the buttons work you should tell them you sync'd your friends gamepad and it worked like normal. this way its likely they'll only want the controller.

if you do end up sending the console, they likely wont check for firmware mods if a new gamepad works correctly. they will however update the console to the latest firmware.

18. Misiel
    OP

Misiel Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 11, 2013
    Mexico
    i did this thread because i read in this forums one post from a guy that he had to send his console even when he said that it was only the gamepad and they sended it back bricked i think, and with a note that they would not repair softmoded consoles.

19. EmceeKerser

Jun 3, 2014
    So you didn't even contact Nintendo? Really?

20. SSG Vegeta

SSG Vegeta GBAtemp Fan

Jul 25, 2013
    United States

It's safe bro go ahead & delete it its not like the can update VWii