Hacking Get back to original state?

rockhead262

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was trying to do the mod where you can downgrade to 3.2, as I read there is more support.

I am running 4.0, and I was using the dummies guide. So I do the downgrade, it seems like it went through, but I can't do the next step, as they said I have to do a cios_fix, but when I run it I get errors. So someone said to do the downgrade again, but it says Maybe you already ran it? So is there a way to just go back to before I did bannerbomb?

rockhead262

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok everything you just said is basically greek to me. I just started Wii Modding today. I have only done PS2, PSP, PS3, DS, and Xbox360 before this.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
NUSD is a PC app used to download wii system files/channels etc.

Wadman is a wii app used to install these files.

Bannerbomb allows you to exploit ur wii and boot directly to a boot.dol (wii readable file) on the root of your SD card.

This has been answered a lot of times before.

rockhead262

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have already used bannerbomb, and did a downgrade program. I cannot install the cISO. I keep getting an error. So someone said that I had to run a fix before the Wadbatch. SoI had to do the dowgrade again and it will not let me. So my question is how to get it back to the regular state before the modding.

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't suppose anyone told you you do not have to go to 3.2 anymore at all? you can do everything you want at 4.0

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
doesnt cios_fix do that? - but its not running for him.

I was thinking its a conflict with an old cios, so once at 3.2 remove it and start again. - whats wrong with that?

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i think u go to listed titles or ... fuck i dont remember havent used it for a while, look through all the options till you find it, careful not to delete anything else though
wink.gif

Its IOS btw.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Link to the guide used. Usually from 4.0 you would need to downgrade IOS35 then use wad manager 1.4 and choose that ios35 to run off of to install cios_fix.wad then you should be able to normally install cios rev10 or something and IOS downgrader and then cIOS downgrader to go back to 3.2 and what not if need be. If you already had a cios rev __ installed cios_fix is unnecessary.

rockhead262

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nabster92 said:
Link to the guide used. Usually from 4.0 you would need to downgrade IOS35 then use wad manager 1.4 and choose that ios35 to run off of to install cios_fix.wad then you should be able to normally install cios rev10 or something and IOS downgrader and then cIOS downgrader to go back to 3.2 and what not if need be. If you already had a cios rev __ installed cios_fix is unnecessary.
that's basically what I was doing.

I can't link the guide because it contains CIOS files, and that is against the rules right?

Should I delete IOS35 and try again?

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rockhead262 said:
nabster92 said:

I can't link the guide because it contains CIOS files, and that is against the rules right?

NONONONONONO NEVER delete an IOS, only install over IOS.

rockhead262

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nabster92 said:
rockhead262 said:
nabster92 said:

NONONONONONO NEVER delete an IOS, only install over IOS.

So what else should I try? I will pm you the guide

Also is the downgrade not needed? I want to use my USB drive to back up all my games on, and just have it like that, why I decided to finally mod my Wii. I have had it since launch, and this is the one thing that interested me, since I have a TB HDD

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmm well I suggest just trying this guide and doing the offline guide up to step 10

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835

Do you already have the homebrew channel from whatever else you did? You can skip steps 4-8 if you do.
If you don't then do 4-8 and skip A-B.

I'm thinking your problem may be not having done this step?
B) Run WAD Manager choose IOS35 and install IOS35-64-v1040.wad then restart

Anyways just try following that guide up to step 10 and you should have everything you need to run any usb loaders. There shouldn't be a problem with what you've done so far Just remember that 1 TB is overkill for wii games so you might want to partition your hard drive so you can use it for other stuff as well since the wii needs to format at least a partition of it to WBFS which isn't a file system that anything else will read for stuff other than wii games. So partition off what you want for the your games and leave the rest for normal use (guesstimate your wanted space by multiplying the number of games you expect to be putting on it down the line by about 3GB.)

Edit: Also since you have a launch wii you should be able to install bootmii to boot2. I would suggest doing this first before you continue in case something goes wrong. Go to bootmii.org and grab the hackmii installer. Rename the installer.elf file to boot.elf and if you have the homebrew channel then put that boot.elf file in a "hackmii installer" folder in your "apps" folder of your sd card, then run the hbc and run that hackmii installer to install bootmii to boot2 and IOS and the updated HBC. (Alternatively if you have a relatively recent HBC and wifi I think it may auto prompt you to run the hackmii installer to update it.) Once you install bootmii to boot2, when you reboot your wii the bootmii menu should come up instead of your system menu. Then use a GC controller to control it (or if you don't have one, use the power button on your system to go right and the reset button to select. Then click the 4th icon and then the first one. This should prompt you to backup your Wii's NAND to your sd card (which needs to have at least 540ish MB free on it.) if your card has that much space do that and let it backup your nand and let it verify it afterwards.

If you do that your wii will be pretty much 100% brick proof. If you don't want it to boot up to bootmii at the start anymore after that just rename the bootmii folder to something else on your sd card. Then continue to do whatever else you need as I said above.

rockhead262

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nabster92 said:
Hmm well I suggest just trying this guide and doing the offline guide up to step 10

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835

Do you already have the homebrew channel from whatever else you did? You can skip steps 4-8 if you do.
If you don't then do 4-8 and skip A-B.

I'm thinking your problem may be not having done this step?
B) Run WAD Manager choose IOS35 and install IOS35-64-v1040.wad then restart

Anyways just try following that guide up to step 10 and you should have everything you need to run any usb loaders. There shouldn't be a problem with what you've done so far Just remember that 1 TB is overkill for wii games so you might want to partition your hard drive so you can use it for other stuff as well since the wii needs to format at least a partition of it to WBFS which isn't a file system that anything else will read for stuff other than wii games. So partition off what you want for the your games and leave the rest for normal use (guesstimate your wanted space by multiplying the number of games you expect to be putting on it down the line by about 3GB.)

Edit: Also since you have a launch wii you should be able to install bootmii to boot2. I would suggest doing this first before you continue in case something goes wrong. Go to bootmii.org and grab the hackmii installer. Rename the installer.elf file to boot.elf and if you have the homebrew channel then put that boot.elf file in a "hackmii installer" folder in your "apps" folder of your sd card, then run the hbc and run that hackmii installer to install bootmii to boot2 and IOS and the updated HBC. (Alternatively if you have a relatively recent HBC and wifi I think it may auto prompt you to run the hackmii installer to update it.) Once you install bootmii to boot2, when you reboot your wii the bootmii menu should come up instead of your system menu. Then use a GC controller to control it (or if you don't have one, use the power button on your system to go right and the reset button to select. Then click the 4th icon and then the first one. This should prompt you to backup your Wii's NAND to your sd card (which needs to have at least 540ish MB free on it.) if your card has that much space do that and let it backup your nand and let it verify it afterwards.

If you do that your wii will be pretty much 100% brick proof. If you don't want it to boot up to bootmii at the start anymore after that just rename the bootmii folder to something else on your sd card. Then continue to do whatever else you need as I said above.

So I tried the online version first, and when ever I hit the downgrader, it just reboots my wii.

So does that mean I definitely have to do offline mode.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes I told you to do the offline guide BECAUSE you won't be able to do the online portion yet because you don't have any cIOS yet as says is required for the online guide, since you do have wifi after you do the offline portion up to step 10, THEN you can start doing the online part of the guide instead of the rest of the offline method. You don't NEED to do that though as from that point you will be able to run usb loaders already, but if you want to eventually run .wad's and such from the sd card or something follow the online portion after that (you can skip the preloader parts though and just get bootmii as I said above, but do that NOW instead of afterwards if possible.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong