OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Source: http://www.ps3-hacks.com

QUOTE said:
July 14, 2010
Geohot Bids Farewell; No 3.21OO For You!
Posted by greg

It would seem Geohot just couldn’t hack the big leagues… You know what it’s like when your girlfriend(s) is/are constantly hounding and demanding things of you? Well multiply that by hundreds of thousands. I guess that’s how Geohot felt — “unlock this, jailbreak that, gimme PS3 CFW” etc… You’ll notice his Twitter feed has vanished and his PS3 blog is now invite only.

Unfortunately I missed his last few tweets but plenty of other sites are reporting this:

* it was a cool ride, and i’ve learned a lot about a lot. perhaps one of these days i’ll do a more formal goodbye.
* I didn’t fully realize most of the current scene don’t care unless they are getting something. Now I do.
* The real reason behind no release isn’t technical. It’s just that it will never stop, after blackra1n, people demand unlock, after blacksn0w, people demand untethered. I miss the days when jailbreaking and unlocking were difficult, it attracted a much higher caliber crowd.

Say what you will but you and I both know Geohot possesses mad skill. You gotta respect that. So kudos Geohot, good luck with your future endeavours. Thanks for the removal of OtherOS.
wink.gif

Now if you’re wondering whether or not you should upgrade to the latest PS3 firmware or remain at 3.15 — that’s entirely up to you. Other PS3 hackers are likely to pick up where Geohot left off; it’s a sure bet they already have.

sorry if this was already posted...

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Too bad, he was awesome at what he did.

I hope he will feel the need to bless us with his work once again sometime in the future.

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dammit, people on the internet need to stop driving away hackers and coders. If I remember correctly something similar happened to Dragonminded.

.Chris

Clueless
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Magmorph said:
Dammit, people on the internet need to stop driving away hackers and coders. If I remember correctly something similar happened to Dragonminded.
yeah, i think so too
i think his page is not being updated anymore...

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is he saying that hacking isn't hard enough? Well anyway, he did a really good job and we will all miss him (party starts at Apple HQ)

.Chris

Clueless
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
metamaster said:
Is he saying that hacking isn't hard enough? Well anyway, he did a really good job and we will all miss him (party starts at Apple HQ)
except D34DL1N3R and ifish and other people who hate him....

i never really used his hacks tho... (might update this list)

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Infinite Zero said:
Nobody cares to hack the PS3. Poor thing.. And even if it was, the games are too big to be downloaded xD
That's why nobody wants to hack it yet...

CJL18

Trophies
Website
www.2shared.com
XP
Country
United States
thats why i think the ps3 hasnt been hacked for oen the games are HUGE 20-30GB for one game, blue ray burners are not cheap same with blu-ray disks,and we already have the 360. Most games that come on ps3 are on 360 and the exclusives games that are on ps3 just rent them. I truely believe if hackers really tired they could hack the ps3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.