Gaming Genuine or Not? Just putting it out there......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mentalpen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
______ _ _____
| ___ \ | | | _ |
| |_/ / ___ ___ | | __ ____ | |/' | _ __
| / / _ \ / __| | |/ / |_ / | /| | | '__|
| |\ \ | __/ | (__ | < / / \ |_/ / | | 2011-present
\_| \_| \___| \___| |_|\_\ /___| \___/ |_| twitter.com/Reckz0r

"Buy an Apple, Microsoft, LG, Samsung, Nintendo..but don't buy a Sony." - George Hotz

------------------------------------------

I have been away for a while, so my question to you is; did you miss me? I am aware that ya'll were all thirsty for a cup of a fine Reckz0r release, so here I am...with a fine fuckin' glass of a RECKZ0R release, yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! (did that sound sarcastic?)

Before I get off started ridiculing Sony, I'd like to pay homage to Sir George Hotz, who looked into the eyes of Sony and made them ejaculate as they bowed down in fear. Very artistic of you, Geohotz.

Now that, George Hotz has resigned from engaging in all types of sexual activities with an computer, and as all fans of PlayStation are crying for the comeback of GeoHotz..I'd let you all know, you don't need that lil fuckin' faggot. You really don't.

Well, alright....LET'S GET STARTED ALREADY!

As you all know, PS4 runs Orbis OS, that is highly based on FreeBSD (which is a opensource operating system), and as the PS4 is closely identical to a PC, I guess you all knew that PS4 and the Xbox One will probably end up getting pwned soon, and now..its time.

NOTE: I did not find this vulnerability within PS4, nor did I write the exploit, while I was browsing thru an Brazilian console-hacking forum known as condinh0 (I am sure you all know this if you hang out at TOR). A person named x-s4nd3r released the devkit of PS4, as well as the exploit within 5 days of PS4 release. Although most of you don't know how to apply that jailbreak on the PS4, I am making this tutorial to sort this shit out for you.

-EXPLOIT DETAILS-
Console: PlayStation 4
Type: Privilege Escalation/Buffer Overflow (allows to run assigned code)
Created on: 25 November 2013

-AUTHOR-
Name: x-s4nd3r
URL: http://twitter.com/xs4nd3r (feel free to get him v&)

FILES:

PS4 DevKit: REMOVED BY ADMIN
Jailbreak Package (exploit): REMOVED BY ADMIN

***IMPORTANT***** - You need the DAY ONE Update to jailbreak the PS4, otherwise these files will be considered unrecognizable.

GUIDE:

1. Create a folder on your USB storage device. This is where you'll put the exploit.

2. Create a "SANDERPS4" folder. Inside that folder, create another folder named "EXP."

3. Extract the PSORBISEXP.PUP file from the package, and save it in the EXP folder.

4. Make sure your PlayStation 4 is turned off.

5. Connect the USB storage device to your PlayStation 4, and press the power button for at least 7 seconds. The PlayStation 4 will start in Safe Mode.

6. Select "Update System Software."

7. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the jailbreak.

8. If your PlayStation 4 doesn't recognize the jailbreaking file, make sure that the folder and file names are correct.

9. Voila! JAILBROKEN!

---------------------------

You now have the ability to run unassigned/assigned code and pirated games on your PS4, but do NOT go online, if you do go online, your console will be immediately banned.

Have fun piratin'

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It's very unlikely to say the least, but I eagerly await until someone confirms or debunks it. Either way, an installed devkit image won't automatically allow you to load backup copies - that's not its purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson