GenplusGX 1.7.1 controller issues

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by the_randomizer, Nov 16, 2012.

Nov 16, 2012
  1. the_randomizer
    OP

Member the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    So, prior to using version 1.7.0, it worked with my non-third party Classic Controller just fine, right? No issues, no lag, it was perfect. Then, when I updated it to the newer 1.7.1, I load it up and tells me "settings reset to default", which I had no problem with. When I attempt to load a ROM or ISO image, it tells me "controller 1 not configured". Naturally I was confused and went to see it the controller was set. It was detected, and I could navigate just fine with the Classic Controller, but ROMs now refuse to load and give me that controller error message, no matter what I do. I'm running this off a 16 GB SDHC card, but like I stated before, older versions prior to 1.7.1 never had this issue. What the deuce is going on?

HBC 1.1.0
    Genplus Version 1.7.1

This should not be happening

2. Jacobeian

Member Jacobeian GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Cuba
    does that to me (although not the same message, was "invalid controller settings") when unplugging a controller which was assigned as input in controller settings

you might want to check if there is a physical controller icon assigned to the emulated gamepad for player 1 when you open the gamepad configure window, or try to assign a different controller (like wiimote)

3. the_randomizer
    OP

Member the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    Okay, yeah, that's the actual error message, I worded it wrong. It did say "invalid controller settings" as well. The controller is a Classic Controller (official, non-third party). It worked in 1.7.0, so I'm not sure why Ekeeke didn't look into this.

4. Jacobeian

Member Jacobeian GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Cuba
    Obviously he didn't look into this because it works fine for everybody except you, so there was nothing to look about, not sure what you are implying again... personally, i have no problem with classic controller unless i unplug it when it is assigned to a player, which is normal to get an error message then.

Did you at least check in the controller settings if player 1 gamepad was correctly assigned like i said ?
    Otherwise, if you are so much convinced it's a bug, why not report the issue on googlecode.

5. bootsector

Member bootsector GBAtemp Regular

Brazil