Homebrew Genesis Plus GX Forwarder

azoschke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The latest version of Genplusgx is browsing really slow for me when reading from usb hard drive and launched through a forwarder channel. I'm guessing that I need a forwarder with USB 2.0 capabilities. I don't need a whole new channel .wad, but could anyone post a forwarder .dol?

azoschke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the wad, but that one has the same problem. Could it possibly be something with the program itself? I'm almost positive there was no lag on the previous version and there's definitely no lag from the homebrew channel.

I may post an issue on googlecode, but I want to make sure there's an issue with the program and not the forwarder first.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'll upload a forwarder in the next hours, the lag should be gone then
wink.gif

azoschke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks FIX94, that would be great. After doing some testing, I think I need new forwarders for Tantric's emulators as well. Would it be too much to ask for forwarder .dols for them? I have my own channels that worked fine until I switched everything to USB hard drive. I've tried making a forwarder .dol from scratch, but it always errors out on me.

Thanks for the help!

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Reactions: Yersson9876

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
the_randomizer said:
Does this work with 1.6.0?
Should work fine with every version.

Installed the WAD via MMM, but to no avail. The channel animation shows up when you click on it, but it brings me back to the Wii Menu...WTH? And yes, all emulators are in their properly organized folders. And I thought Snes9xGx was giving me trouble.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the_randomizer said:
Installed the WAD via MMM, but to no avail. The channel animation shows up when you click on it, but it brings me back to the Wii Menu...WTH? And yes, all emulators are in their properly organized folders. And I thought Snes9xGx was giving me trouble.
Interesting, maybe your wii is incompatible with the wiixplorer forwarder, could you please try it?
WiiXplorer Channel v11 (v5 Design) - WIIX.zip
It forwards to apps/wiixplorer. If it doesn't work I cant do something.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
the_randomizer said:
Interesting, maybe your wii is incompatible with the wiixplorer forwarder, could you please try it?

But that still doesn't makes sense to, I was able to install forwarders for Snes9xGx, FceuGX and WiiMC...What is WiiXplorer going to do?
I'll give it a shot, but I don't see how it's going to get the GenesisPlusGX forwarder to work.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
the_randomizer said:
FIX94 said:
the_randomizer said:

But that still doesn't makes sense to, I was able to install forwarders for Snes9xGx, FceuGX and WiiMC...What is WiiXplorer going to do?
I'll give it a shot, but I don't see how it's going to get the GenesisPlusGX forwarder to work.

It's the same forwarder .dol with a different path I think. Both made / adapted by FIX94.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hielkenator said:
It's the same forwarder .dol with a different path I think. Both made / adapted by FIX94.
I'm using the wiixplorer forwarder source for my one so if it doesnt work then he need to report the problem to dimok.

azoschke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, for me the forwarder works fine, but I'm still getting lag on the USB games list menu that isn't there when launched through homebrew channel. I think it's a program issue cause I'm almost positive I had no USB lag on the previous version. Thanks for the .dol though, I'll keep it for future use.

hack3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like forwarders but I use them very sparingly because they take up a significant amount of space on the wii hard drive and I have a bunch of virtual console games and wad manager on there already (along with the internet channel and other standard channels). Is there a way for me to conserve the memory on the HD but still have room for a bunch of games on the home screen? Do you guys just not have a lot of stuff on your home screens? I've been trying to find a way around this for a while.

azoschke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hack3r said:
I like forwarders but I use them very sparingly because they take up a significant amount of space on the wii hard drive and I have a bunch of virtual console games and wad manager on there already (along with the internet channel and other standard channels). Is there a way for me to conserve the memory on the HD but still have room for a bunch of games on the home screen? Do you guys just not have a lot of stuff on your home screens? I've been trying to find a way around this for a while.

If your wii is on 4.0 and up you can put virtual console and wiiware on the sd card and launch it from the sd card menu (forwarders don't usually work from the sd card menu in my experience.)
The disadvantage with that is that the wii loads it into memory everytime you launch wiiware/vc.

The other option (which is what I do) is use Mighty Channels for wiiware/vc and use the system menu for official channels and forwarders. I only use two pages of channels on the wii menu and the forwarders are just like 8 or 9 blocks so I have plenty of space.

(edit)
UPDATE

I got the problem fixed. Apparently customizemii wasn't building the wad right before, but I finally got it to go. Thanks FIX94.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
azoschke said:
(edit)
UPDATE

I got the problem fixed. Apparently customizemii wasn't building the wad right before, but I finally got it to go. Thanks FIX94.
So the lags are gone now? Great to hear
smile.gif

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep. After trying several times (IOS236/249), with or w/out an HDD plugged in, and even the one I downloaded from the link you gave me, still doesn't work. Is my Wii NAND damaged or what? And yes, I used both Wad_manager and MMM; one had an error and the other said there were no errors during installation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Can't wait for season 2