Dark Wolf is watching
OP
Trophies
Website
soundclick.com
XP
Country
United States
Genesis Plus GX 1.7.4 has been released.

logo

Changelog:
[Core/SCD]
---------------
* fixed access to read-only registers on Main-CPU side ("Batman Returns" platform level freeze)
* fixed & improved emulation of PRG-RAM write protection register ("Lunar Eternal Blue" japanese version freeze)
* improved SUB & MAIN-CPU synchronization ("Dracula Unleashed" freeze when using US Model 2 BIOS)
* improved CPU polling detection
* improved CDD emulation & added CD drive access time for SEEK command ("Panic!/Switch" intro missing scene)
* added missing reinitialization of MAIN-CPU PRG-RAM bank on reset
* added .OGG audio tracks support through LIBTREMOR

[Core/Sound]
---------------
* fixed YM2612 configurable DAC depth emulation
* improved Low-Pass filter
* added optional "MONO" output mode

[Core/VDP]
---------------
* fixed FIFO access timings when using invalid write code value ("Clue" menu)
* fixed DMA Copy with undocumented code value ("Fatal Labyrinth" end sequence)
* minor code fixes & optimizations

[Core/CPU]
---------------
* optimized 68k stack read/write functions
* fixed broken 68k address error emulation
* fixed 68k interrupt behavior (prevents interrupts from being executed multiple time when 68k is halted)
* fixed Z80 registers initial state, added proper initialization when using PBC (verified on real hardware by Charles McDonald)

[Core/MD]
---------------
* fixed SRAM incompatibilities between BIG ENDIAN & LITTLE ENDIAN platforms (note: this breaks old .srm files with LITTLE ENDIAN platform ports)
* added support for a few recently dumped unlicensed games
* added auto-detection of byte-swapped ROM files

[Gamecube/Wii]
---------------
* fixed CD Leds positioning when using NTSC filter
* improved on-screen CD Leds (thanks to Iceknight)
* various code fixes & improvements

arrow.gif
SOURCE

arrow.gif
Download

Reactions: macmanhigh

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Does the new dol have NTFS support?
No, it was added by fix94.

also is there arg support to be used as Wiiflow or PL plugin?
No, argv parsing has to be re-implemented too.

Edit: Also is ogg support avaible in Sega-CD too, I would like to convert the huge waves to gain some free HDD space
Yes, vorbis format is only for Mega-CD/Sega-CD audio tracks.

Reactions: AbdallahTerro

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Yep i had 13 Sega CD games @ 5.51GB. Now i have 33 working Sega CD games @3.99GB.
Ogg support sure is gooooooooooooood :)

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Yep i had 13 Sega CD games @ 5.51GB. Now i have 33 working Sega CD games @3.99GB.
Did you use VBR or constant bit rates 128
also can you please post a sample cue file with oggs :)

Fix94 updated the plugin dol, now it has ogg support and ntfs support with auto mount/unmount feature

Charco

Trophies
XP
Country

I have almost the entire US set so I imagine this would make a huge difference to storage space on my HDD. What tools did you use to convert, Turborip? All mine are in BIN + CUE format.

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Did you use VBR or constant bit rates 128
also can you please post a sample cue file with oggs :)

Dear friend the good news is that you don't even need .cue files anymore :)
This is beneficial in another aspect. genesis plus gx file browser now only shows 1 .iso file for every game and not .ogg file or .cue files, so you can have all sega cd files in one big common folder. Only thing left for GPGX to be perfect, is to have CD disc-art instead of megadrive cartridge artwork, showing next to the games. Oh and 32X oneday haha.

I only use .iso & .ogg files and i rename the according to the readme.pdf (page 6, text in the box).

This is the procedure, step by step: 1. I download the games as .iso & .mp3 files.
2. Then i convert the mp3 files to .ogg with Freerip. (.ogg options for that program are simply set to stereo and quality=4, i didn't tinker any other settings, see attached pic :) )
3. Then i put the .ogg and the .iso files in the same folder and 4. if i need renaming the audio files i do it with Bulk renamer. Thats' it.

I'll post a pic of my Sega CD folder, attached to this post, to give an example :)

P.S. FYI, .ogg files are also supported by WiiMednafen for PCE CD games. The process is mostly the same as here, with the only difference beeing that WiiMednafen requires a .cue file. If anyone wants help with that, i'll post a sample pic and a sample .cue file of a PCE CD game.

Attachments

• settings.PNG
    settings.PNG
    748 bytes · Views: 401
  • example.PNG
    example.PNG
    31.2 KB · Views: 496

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Dear friend the good news is that you don't even need .cue files anymore :)
This is beneficial in another aspect. genesis plus gx file browser now only shows 1 .iso file for every game and not .ogg file or .cue files, so you can have all sega cd files in one big common folder. Only thing left for GPGX to be perfect, is to have CD disc-art instead of megadrive cartridge artwork, showing next to the games. Oh and 32X oneday haha.

I only use .iso & .ogg files and i rename the according to the readme.pdf (page 6, text in the box).

This is the procedure, step by step: 1. I download the games as .iso & .mp3 files.
2. Then i convert the mp3 files to .ogg with Freerip. (.ogg options for that program are simply set to stereo and quality=4, i didn't tinker any other settings, see attached pic :) )
3. Then i put the .ogg and the .iso files in the same folder and 4. if i need renaming the audio files i do it with Bulk renamer. Thats' it.

I'll post a pic of my Sega CD folder, attached to this post, to give an example :)

P.S. FYI, .ogg files are also supported by WiiMednafen for PCE CD games. The process is mostly the same as here, with the only difference beeing that WiiMednafen requires a .cue file. If anyone wants help with that, i'll post a sample pic and a sample .cue file of a PCE CD game.
thanks for your help, I've already tested oggs yesterday, and all worked fine
I used nero "encode files" Tool to make 128 (CD Quality) oggs which turned out to be less than half the size of 50% VBR
As for the cue file I used ImgBurn cue maker
I have 1 cue for each game which makes life easier when it comes to wiiflow plugin and since all works fine I'm keeping them there since in case I want to delete them I'll need to rename all the oggs.
Anyways using some tiny free tools for ogg conversion can cause trouble, I tried to batch convert the waves to oggs using a free tool and found out that all oggs were corrupted,
so i used a data rescue kid to restore the deleted waves and then used nero to finish the job
:)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Power strips will do nothing if the power goes out lol