Hacking General Wii modding help

Duke_Fishron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Disclaimer 1: I am a beginner to modding consoles in general. I am very sorry if I have not been trying a solution that would be obvious if I had more knowledge of modding
Disclaimer 2: English is not my first language, so please excuse any grammatical erros.​

I have been trying to mod my Wii for a long time now, however I could not find solutions for some problems I have.

Usbloader Gx and Wiiflow
  • When starting Usbloader gx, gc games and the channels that I have are startable, however when I try to load wii games it freezes and I can interact with the menu, but when I try to, nothing happens.​
  • When trying to load some games, it gives me a black screen. This is probably a problem with the games themselve (I think). This happen with both loaders.​

• When using Wiiflow, gc games work fine, but when trying to load wii games it gives me a "exception (DSI) error ocurred".
  • Also when using different wiiflow themes the error also happens when starting it or going to the settings:blank:

Duke_Fishron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes. You should either re-dump your discs or redownload the wbfs files..

Oh? You mean while still in the USBLoaderGX menu?

That explains that i guess.
At first Wiiflow had the exception occurred when clicking on the button that displays the Wii covers. Usbloader Gx had the problem that when started it wouldn't show Wii games and when I tried to, it freezed. Now Usbloader Gx has no issue (except the corrupted games) and Wiiflow has the same issue.

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At first Wiiflow had the exception occurred when clicking on the button that displays the Wii covers. Usbloader Gx had the problem that when started it wouldn't show Wii games and when I tried to, it freezed. Now Usbloader Gx has no issue (except the corrupted games) and Wiiflow has the same issue.
Ok, good to know that you're no longer encountering it in USBLoaderGX.
After you re-dump or redownload your Wii games, transfer them with WiiBackupmanager and verify their hashes again, just to make sure. Then run usbloadergx and launch them again and see if they work.

Duke_Fishron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok, good to know that you're no longer encountering it in USBLoaderGX.
After you re-dump or redownload your Wii games, transfer them with WiiBackupmanager and verify their hashes again, just to make sure. Then run usbloadergx and launch them again and see if they work.
My internet connection is really bad, so it took a long time. For some reason, that I am unsure of what caused it, the Wii case screen doesn't crash anymore on Wiiflow. The games that previously didn't work now work seemingly fine. I have to test this some more though.

Thanks for being so patient and friendly towards a new person of this community :)

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My internet connection is really bad, so it took a long time. For some reason, that I am unsure of what caused it, the Wii case screen doesn't crash anymore on Wiiflow. The games that previously didn't work now work seemingly fine. I have to test this some more though.
Good to hear that you're not encountering that error in either loaders..
Thanks for being so patient and friendly towards a new person of this community :)
You're welcome! 🙂

Reactions: jeannotte and XFlak

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night