toni15538

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Hello.
I want to hack Warioware inc. and Warioware Twisted. I want to change sprites(or import from myself) and swap texts and musics.
I searched for tools, but they are not working, or for hacking Pokemon games.

I want some tools, like Crystal tile 2 and the tool 'pack' from NSMB editor and MKDS course modifier/editor, but for GBA roms...

CHEMI6DER

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hello.
I want to hack Warioware inc. and Warioware Twisted. I want to change sprites(or import from myself) and swap texts and musics.
I searched for tools, but they are not working, or for hacking Pokemon games.

I want some tools, like Crystal tile 2 and the tool 'pack' from NSMB editor and MKDS course modifier/editor, but for GBA roms...
Well, you see GBA games don't actually have a filesytem, so there are no general tools for editing GBA games. I guess you could try to locate the graphics manually, but it would be pretty hard to put the image back into the rom(assuming you can even extract it), since you'd have to manually patch all offsets in the rom(and again, that's if you are even able to extract it). If you want further info on that check out this article
Editing texts can be easy, unless the game uses a custom character table(which it probaly does), if not you can just simply search for the text string in the hex editor.
As for the music if the game uses Mp2000(aka sappy) engine you can use GbaMusRipper to extract the music to .sf2 sound fonts and midi's, which you can alter and then put back into the rom(though I'm not sure how).

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.