GeForce 7300SE/7200 GS?

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Raestloz, Aug 26, 2008.

Aug 26, 2008

GeForce 7300SE/7200 GS? by Raestloz at 7:28 PM (3,387 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Raestloz
    OP

Member Raestloz GBATemp's Lone Wolf

Indonesia
    I'm planning to play DMC 4 on my PC. That said, CAPCOM says the recommended sytem is 2GB RAM (OK), 8GB Free Space (OK), Intel Core 2 DUO (OK), I have Windows (Vista) (OK), DirectX 9c/10 (OK), SoundCard DirectX Compatible (OK), and the last is nVidia GeForce 8600 512MB.

An acquiantance of mine told me that "512MB of Graphic Card is useless, it's the processor that matters, 256MB is enough, use 512MB for dual-screen", so I end up taking a graphic card he recomended (GeForce 7300 256MB, I never actually know such a name exist until he told me, and I swallowed evrything he said completely)

The problem is with TuneUp Utilities, The system Information tels me that my Graphic Card is nVidia GeForce 7300 SE/7200 GS. And that leavse me confused, do I have 2 Graphic Card (which is completely impossible, as I only ordered one), or the computer itself isn't sure of my Graphic Card?

And, if you know, can my PC play DMC 4 well? Not only Run it. I tried to play Hitman 4 at full graphic setting and the game is too laggy to even select "graphic" option

2. xcalibur

Member xcalibur Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear

United Kingdom
    Lol you bought the most budget of budget cards. I don't know what the hell you're thinking you could play anything at full settings. That card could probably not even play anything on 1024x768 on low.

I suggest you return this card and get a HD3650 or 8500/8600gt.

3. Trippy

Member Trippy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Strength of the vid card is usually the xy00 y part for nvidia cards. The 6600 trumps the 7300. 7300/7200 is crappy budget.

4. Shad0wguy

Newcomer Shad0wguy Member

United States
    You'd be lucky if you could even play doom on that card.

5. Raestloz
    OP

Member Raestloz GBATemp's Lone Wolf

Indonesia
    Aw, shit. I knew something was wrong with this card, if only I had known better..... the clerk told me the system is just too weak, and this acquaintance of mine said it's OK...... and he asked me will I use this computer for gaming!

I can't return this card, I'm just a kid, and have no authorities over things that is expensive. Even more, I don't know whether will my mum allow me to trade it for better card, she can't even boot a computer, and whatever I say, she won't understand

I guess I can only hope for the best. What reason can I use to ask for this card's trade? Not considering the fact that maybe they don't do refund... *sigh*.

I never knew anything about Graphic Cards. I thought the bigger the number, the better it is, never have I thought there's such a code as xy00 in nVidia world..........

P.S.: Somehow, Hitman 4 works good, I disabled Self-Shadowing and Vsync and it works fine even with other settings at max and in 1024x768 res. Oddly, when I tried to increase the graphic by enabling anti-aliasing, the game performs slightly better (on mission 2). I enabled another thing (what was that again? it has this 16x value, anti-aliasing is 4x) and it works even smoother! Sometimes I wonder about this odd world......

6. Linkiboy

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States