Gecko OS & Backup Launcher doesn't work!!!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by simpleplan123, Feb 10, 2009.

1. simpleplan123
    OP

simpleplan123 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2008
    United States
    Ok, I have a JAP Wii, modchip unknown. It is at 3.2j, downgraded from 3.4j. So I'm trying to get Disaster: Day of Crisis to work. I burnt 4x on a dvd disc and used Wii Brick Blocker on the iso before. Now, when I try to play it, it loads on the Disc Channel, but when I clicked start, I get the 001# error. So I decided to try using Gecko OS, however, when I try to launch the game, it just stays there at the "LAUNCHING GAME LANG: DEFAULT" and nothing happens. So what I am doing wrong? I also tried to installing Backup launcher 0.3 Gamma channel and tried to start the game through that channel but same thing happens. So what do I need to do to get the game to work? Is it my modchip problem? Because I have no idea what my modchip is unfortunately. Or is it because I used WBB on the iso at first? Any help is appreciated!! I really want to play the game and I'm getting frustrated.

2. innercy

innercy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 22, 2006
  3. simpleplan123
    OP

simpleplan123 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2008
    United States
    Hmmm, am I suppose to get this "Backup Launcher 0.3 GAMMA WITH 002 FIX"? The back-up launcher I got was only 5mb. The problem I have is that the launchers just hang there when launching the game.

Changing my wii to 3.2U, is that safe? I have the Region changer already, so all I need to do is to update it with the 3.2U update? Is that it or must I change the game region thing to USA too? Cos I heard that bricks the wii or something.

4. simpleplan123
    OP

simpleplan123 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2008
    United States
    Ok, it STILL doesn't work!!! I managed to get the game up and running ONCE after I installed the CIOS and used the back-up launcher. But I wanted to return to the main menu of the Wii first, and instead it became a blue screen. So I held the button down to turn the wii off and on again. This time I try it, it doesn't work. What am I doing wrong now??? Could it be I changed my wii screen format to 4:3 after that?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice