GC Troubles with NES emulator

Discussion in 'Nintendo GameCube' started by Abstract3000, Apr 11, 2010.

Apr 11, 2010
  1. Abstract3000
    OP

Newcomer Abstract3000 Advanced Member

United States
    hey
    Ok so Im trying to get the FCE GX emulator working on the GC, the GC has a Viper Extreme chip installed I simply want to load a DVD with the Emulator and all roms on it. I am having the hardest time finding anything about doing this and have waisted a ton of DVDS.
    I have tried using GC Bootable disc using the fceugx.dol and having the subdirectory of fceugx/roms and also tried putting the roms in the root but the emulator will load but never find any of the roms.
    I have obtained an older version of FCE with the Viper-fceugx.dol and not sure as to go about burning it?
    Do i have to inject the roms into the fceugx.dol or not and if so whats the quickest way of doing so?

Any tutorial walking step by step would be great yes i know they can boot from SD card but i dont want to mess with all that just want a disc that runs by itself.

I did at one time a few years ago create a multi emuloader disc for my wii and i saw they have it for the GC but it just seems to confuse me as to where you put everything and teksheen released a rar file that had it all set up and put together but unable to find that file and if i still had the original i would copy it but i believe i gave it away.
    any help would be great

2. martinezgene

Member martinezgene GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I hope someone answers you because I am trying to do the same thing.

3. Abstract3000
    OP

United States
    Ok so I just finally figured it out!
    First off go to http://www.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?5...mp-NES-amp-GBA)

- Download the wiiEmus.rar 3.16(MB)
    - Extract all files where ever you want.
    - Next unzip all of your NES roms and put them directly into the "NES" folder
    Now the full US NES Rom set is less than 250MB so you need padding; Find a
    file (Any File! thats 500MB+ I used a 723MB Movie) and put it into the NES
    folder as well.
    - Now Run the MakeWiiEmus.bat
    - You wil be given an NES.iso burn this in img burn 4X on Verbatim Or Ritek(RiData) DVD-R

Thats it boot up the disc and you will have the FCE NES emulator and from what i understand
    it saves to the GC memory cards but I have to do more testing to get this to work properly
    Cause Im wanting to see how well it works booting multiple emulators and Im not gonna tell
    anyone how to do something when I havent tried it myself so keep a look out for a full tutorial
    with pics ect...

4. martinezgene

United States
    sorry but I didn't realize that you are trying to get it to work on gc. Do you know how to read emulator dvd's on the wii

5. thaddius

Member thaddius Charmander is not pleased.

Canada
    Why don't you just run the emulator and games off of your SD card for your Wii?

6. Abstract3000
    OP

United States
    yeah if you want to do it on the wii just follow the same steps, except use all the directories and put roms into each of them (Just to be safe unzipped) run the batfile and then burn the wii ISO it creates put it in your wii and boot it will read as a GC game and you will need to use a GC controller but same thing

7. martinezgene

United States
    too many to load on one sd card

8. martinezgene

United States

thanks, but I am lost. I want to make a bootable dvd for emulator roms.

Here is the setup on my sd

apps - has all the boot.dol files for emulators

fceugx- all of the following have rom folder with roms inside and a save folder

vbagx

genplus

snes9xgx

wii64

how would I burn this? I am using imgburn