GCN GC Memory Card to PC adaptor

grnorris

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just recently bought a new GC memory card and was thinking "wouldn't it be nice to back up all my saves in case of corruption". So I just spent a while searching today to see if I could find an adapter to connect my new card to my PC but, all I can find are cards that either have a built in USB connector or use an SD card. In other words if I use those I'd have to get another memory card and my new one would be but a waste of change.

My question is simply is there any way to connect my GC memory card to my PC to backup games in case of corruption (I'd prefer also to not have to rely on a homebrew application or my Wii, just a piece of hardware+PC software to get the job done).

If I can't get something like this then, if anyone knows a good site where I might find an Action Replay Max as I believe those have a similar capability (just less direct and I'd need a flash drive).
Edit: Looks like there isn't actually a such thing as the Action Replay Max for Gamecube (I assumed since they made it for PS2 they would also make it for GC). Still anything that accomplishes the same. I'd really hate to have to go buy a new device for this functionality.

grnorris

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Magsor said:

I've read it but, it seems this is all about using homebrew. I was looking for a piece of hardware that would allow me to connect my GC memory card to my PC to run backup/restore functions. I have two Wii's now: One that has homebrew but, the disk drive is burned out. The other is a relatively new one (refurbished) that still has a warranty. My mother bought the latter of the two and she doesn't want me to put homebrew on it because 1.) She's afraid it'll void the warranty (I know there's controversy on the net about if softmodding will or wont but, I'm not trying to argue that with her) 2.) She see's homebrew as what broke my other Wii (DVDx issue when 4.x menu's first came out).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Coming.