Hacking GC ISO Problem following Quadforce Install

elgarta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

So I previously had DM 2.9 installed and was fine loading Gamecube ISOs off my HDD through USB Loader GX, then I decided to play with Quadforce and check-out Mario Kart GP.

Got that all set up and it worked well, but then when I went to re-install Dios Mios, USB Loader GX would load up fine but then when I tried to load a Gamecube game, i get the message "This game is on USB. Would you like to copy the game to SD or delete a game from SD?".

I have the same WAD that I used for Dios Mios originally, so I don't know why it would be an issue now. From everything I read, it appeared that re-installing it should just overwrite Quadforce and then act as normal. Attempting to load Mario Kart GP again makes it go to a black-screen, so it does seem apparent that Quadforce is no longer the main Mios.

Has anyone else run into this issue or able to provide some assistance? I can provide further Wii details if needed.

TyBlood13

As Seen On GBATempTV
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is your main GC path still set on the SD for Quadforce (or did you use 4.1 with USB)
Try installing DIOS MIOS 2.10, you should at least update to the latest version
If you still have problems after that reply to this thread again

elgarta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is your main GC path still set on the SD for Quadforce (or did you use 4.1 with USB)
Try installing DIOS MIOS 2.10, you should at least update to the latest version
If you still have problems after that reply to this thread again

Thanks for the reply. I was using QF 4.0 so I had the ISO on SD, but I didn't change any of the settings since I just loaded Mario Kart through a forwarder. I just re-checked the settings and my main path is still USB\Game, and the SD path is SD\Games (not sure if renaming the folders to both be "game" would matter).

I did have that I tried again on DM 2.10 but I must've edited it out before posting. The WAD I now have on my SD is for DM 2.10, not 2.9 Would installing QF 4.1 and then doing a swap back to DM matter do you think? I only skipped it initially due to not being able to find a valid WAD online but I have since found one.

TyBlood13

As Seen On GBATempTV
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply. I was using QF 4.0 so I had the ISO on SD, but I didn't change any of the settings since I just loaded Mario Kart through a forwarder. I just re-checked the settings and my main path is still USB\Game, and the SD path is SD\Games (not sure if renaming the folders to both be "game" would matter).

I did have that I tried again on DM 2.10 but I must've edited it out before posting. The WAD I now have on my SD is for DM 2.10, not 2.9 Would installing QF 4.1 and then doing a swap back to DM matter do you think? I only skipped it initially due to not being able to find a valid WAD online but I have since found one.

Usually DIOS MIOS uses the directory X:/games so I don't know if that would mess it up. What USB Loader GX rev are you using? Also, could you try using another loader like Wiiflow or CFG just to see if it's loader or DIOS MIOS issue, if you don't mind.

elgarta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Usually DIOS MIOS uses the directory X:/games so I don't know if that would mess it up. What USB Loader GX rev are you using? Also, could you try using another loader like Wiiflow or CFG just to see if it's loader or DIOS MIOS issue, if you don't mind.

Sorry about that, I just had to get some stuff done. The credits page tells me it's v3.0, and that I am have d2x v9beta, IOS249 rev# 65535 installed also. Not sure if that causes issues.

Anyway I tried CFG and I can't get it to show GC titles. I tried Wiiflow before I started using USB Loader GX and it had some problems getting content to show from my hard drive, so far USB Loader GX is the only one I've been able to configure correctly.

Edit: Still messing with CFG, but so far not having any luck getting it to show ISOs, same with Dios Mios booter. It's strange, USB GX detects them and sees them on the USB drive. CFG detects that I have Dios Mios 2.2+ but won't show what ISOs are on my drive. I tried installing the Vanilla Mios and after going back to USB GX it still tries to make me copy to SD. If I don't have DM/L installed it shouldn't even give me that message, right?

elgarta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the double post, but I found out what the issue was and didn't think that yet another edit on top of the list I made would stand out much.

I feel so stupid... I had forgotten that after installing Quadforce I did update to a different non-beta version of USB GX which didn't have DM support, only DML. I was trying to get Kirby Returns to Dreamland working and read something about a certain version doing the trick, not realizing that I was on a specific version for DM support. Ugh. I actually was reading this thread which had the same issue, and as always Cyan jumped in and had the answer off the bad.

Thank you so much for the help TyBlood13, it was really appreciated. You sure earned the title of Official Starman ;)

Reactions: TyBlood13

TyBlood13

As Seen On GBATempTV
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the double post, but I found out what the issue was and didn't think that yet another edit on top of the list I made would stand out much.

I feel so stupid... I had forgotten that after installing Quadforce I did update to a different non-beta version of USB GX which didn't have DM support, only DML. I was trying to get Kirby Returns to Dreamland working and read something about a certain version doing the trick, not realizing that I was on a specific version for DM support. Ugh. I actually was reading this thread which had the same issue, and as always Cyan jumped in and had the answer off the bad.

Thank you so much for the help TyBlood13, it was really appreciated. You sure earned the title of Official Starman ;)

It's OK, we all make mistakes and I was glad to help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the...