Hacking GC Green Screen

MCBarkingSpoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there, it happened a long time ago, now I forgot how to fix Gamecube games in neogamma going green screen. And some leads here are all media-fire dead links. Can someone help me with some nostalgia and fixing this? :D TYIA

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
IOS slots are for Wii applications which neogamma is running in Wii mode
MIOS/BC Slots are for Gamecube games

a cMIOS(Custom MIOS) or a mod chip is needed for loading backup gamecube disc's

MCBarkingSpoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I used to remember all of this and sadly cant remember what all of it was. Where should I start?
Please pardon me as I will return in a few hours. I need sleep finally, and ty for your help.

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
dios mios (lite 1.xx or 2.xx), (c)mios 1-10... if it's dios mios you can only play backub is files from your sd/usb fat32. if it's mios you can't run backups at all, if it's cmios you can (if you have an old model of wii, new models of the wii cán't run any backup games by discdrive) run backup discs

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's not false at all the user is using neogamma which is in no way connected to nintendon-t so that information is irrelevant

They need to update neogamma then. Nintendont is by far the best choice out of all ways to run GC games

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
nintendon't isn't mentioned because:
a. it takes more of the wii to get the job done.
b. it is an application that works like an emulator and not like a driver.
c. you need more skills to get it to work (see the gamepad settings file)
d. neogamma doesn't run it (but i doubt it runs dios mios, though i thought there was this unofficial mod that could do the trick).

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
d. neogamma doesn't run it (but i doubt it runs dios mios, though i thought there was this unofficial mod that could do the trick).
A. What?
b. This is false. Read the first paragraph in the official thread
c. controller files have been removed and is now fully plug-and-play
d. I did find a mod in the official thread, no clue what it supports though.

Is the OP dead-set on still using neogamma? It's so outdated I didn't even know people still used it.

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I am a Nintendon-t user but I did not mention it due to the topic of the thread which is now going a bit off topic is about the green screen error with neogamma which can be solved with GCBL 0.2 cMIOS or WiiGator+WiiPower cMIOS v10 from modmii

Reactions: Adeka

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A. What?

Is the OP dead-set on still using neogamma? It's so outdated I didn't even know people still used it.

I use NeoGamma for GCOS discs

Edit: also the OP is an old Wii user look he's been on GBATemp since 2008 that says he hasn't been around in a while and probably didn't know nintendon-t existed, he doesn't even know what cMIOS he is using that's how long it's been

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
you can use usbloader gx for discs also, on the main menu click on the top right icon of a disc, if u have the right wii model it will work with gc and wii backubs (if you have cmios and cios installed)
i myself sold my last console about 2 years ago... i used to use d2x56v(latest) (249), dios-mios 2.11 and usb-loader gx i never found anything not running by dios mios even games posted as not to work seemed to work just fine.
nintendon't and devolution wre pretty buggy back then. still rare to have it as an application instead of a ios, since dios mios proved, that all is fitted, and so it's easier to setup. (mios and ios are like drivers for the wii, ios for the wii functions, mios for the base engine driver (mios is closer to a bios then a driver since you also need it to work in wii mode)

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you can use usbloader gx for discs also, on the main menu click on the top right icon of a disc, if u have the right wii model it will work with gc and wii backubs (if you have cmios and cios installed)
i myself sold my last console about 2 years ago... i used to use d2x56v(latest) (249), dios-mios 2.11 and usb-loader gx i never found anything not running by dios mios even games posted as not to work seemed to work just fine.
nintendon't and devolution wre pretty buggy back then. still rare to have it as an application instead of a ios, since dios mios proved, that all is fitted, and so it's easier to setup. (mios and ios are like drivers for the wii, ios for the wii functions, mios for the base engine driver (mios is closer to a bios then a driver since you also need it to work in wii mode)

even with 2.11 DM still couldn't play Star Fox Adventures and other audio streaming games properly, So not all games were compatible in the time of cMIOS a mod chip was preferred for playing those games it wasn't till devolution that audio streaming outside of mod chips was available.

MCBarkingSpoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please pardon me as I will
A. What?

I use it because I dont want to run things off SD or USB, just wanna pop the GC disc in and have it play, which it did till I fudged it up. Just want Neogamma to play GC again. It' does everything I need i just need to get it back to running cube discs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: