Matheus Moore

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello friends,

First off, thank you for the help I got on my frist ever thread yesterday. I feel like this community is really helpful towards others so I appreciate that.

My questions is:

I was looking for a good way of emulating Game Cube games on my Wii, and everything I found is simply not explanatory enough for people like me who decided to get a Wii after a long time of it's release and is kinda new at this Homebrew/wad/mods thing. So, I tried using Nintendont and another loader I found around, however, I only saw it working when the games were in the SD card, even though people say it can be done with the games being in a USB storage device (external HDD for example). So here's what I need to know:

Is it possible to have both Wii and GC games in the same external HDD without partitioning it and still be able to play these games? If so, how can I add GC games into this HDD? I tried WBFS manager and it did not work. And, what emulator do you guys recommend?

Again, thank you for keeping this community going!

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Format the drive as FAT32 with 32K cluster size (64K if 32K isn't available.) WBFS partitions and WBFS Manager are both unreliable and deprecated.

Wii:
Use Wii Backup Manager to put your Wii games on the drive. It will automatically split them into 4GB files so they'll fit. Custom IOSes can handle them automatically.

Gamecube:
Copy your Gamecube games to a folder named /games/ on the drive and put them each in their own folder with their name and name the disc images "game.iso". Use "disc2.iso" for the second disc of multidisc games. (e.g.: "/games/Baten Kaitos/game.iso", "/games/Baten Kaitos/disc2.iso")

Nintendont will ask you when you start it if you want to use SD or USB. If you launch it from a loader like WiiFlow/USB Loader GX Nintendont will use the drive the game is on.

Matheus Moore

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey man, thanks!

I'm gonna try that later on today. It did not occur to me that WBFS was unreliable. Then again, I found it in very old posts I should've known better.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey man, thanks!

I'm gonna try that later on today. It did not occur to me that WBFS was unreliable. Then again, I found it in very old posts I should've known better.

It's fine reading but adding new titles to the partition seems to end up overwriting others, especially with WBFS Manager. I've looked at the source and all I can think is that it's because it lacks an actual file allocation system or failover support. If something happens while the discinfo chain is being written it would leave the entire drive's contents in an unknown state because there's not a backup allocation table to rely on. :/

Matheus Moore

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I see... that would explain a problem I had earlier with zelda SS. I thought it was my cIOS that was causing the issue, but I got a SUSHI copy from another source and substituted it in the drive and it worked. The game just kept on running but the BGM stopped and I lost control over the character. Maybe some files got currupted when I added more games to it.

I wish I had your programming skills man. Haha.

Thanks again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    @SylverReZ Never heard of tiger crust. What is it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Its known as tiger bread, also known as dutch crust.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    It's fuggin gooooood
    +1
    I mean. Whats different about it?
    Never even seen a tiger crust pizza in any stores around here. Walmart, Cub, or otherwise.
    Must be a regional thing.
    Gonna smoke this bowl then go get kitties ashes. <3
    Last thing I told her is how much I love her, and that Im not leaving her there forever and I promise to come back and take her back home with me.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    halllo
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: hello