gc emu for xbox?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Xbox' started by brianx, Dec 14, 2008.

Dec 14, 2008

gc emu for xbox? by brianx at 7:04 PM (1,128 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. brianx
    OP

Newcomer brianx Advanced Member

Sweden
    when is the gc emu for xbox being released?they said that it was going to be released at christmas? And then I meant the orginal xbox?

2. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Of course not, the Xbox was of the same generation! In fact I think there were one or two things the Cube could do better too though on whole the Xbox was more powerful.

3. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    ... In some ways the GameCube is far more powerful than the Xbox, so this is not going to happen. It's awesome that they can emulate the PSX and N64, but PS2, GameCube, Wii, PS3 and Xbox 360 are not going to happen. It might be possible to emulate the Dreamcast at very low speeds, but it will never be playable.

4. Joey R.

Banned Joey R. Banned

Spain
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there a DS emulator for the PSP? I remember watching a video of a PSP running Brain Age (or something the like) at turtle-pace, but running it nevertheless. I remember that, while of not any actual use by itself, it was a milestone in homebrew and emulation, as it was the first time a console was emulating another console, but from its same generation.

Anyway, TC, do you have a link that emulator? I don't find it easy to believe, but dunno. Stranger things I've seen so far XD

5. tbgtbg

Member tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

United States
    Unless they've come out with newer versions of those emulators in the last year or so that are significantly better, it's not so awesome. They aren't very good emulators, at least not the versions I tried. The PSX one wouldn't even read actual PSX discs or emulate the dualshock sticks!