berger20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
After some researching I'm still confused on the whole GC backups on Wii.
I want to know if it will work before I use my last few discs, plus all the posts were dated 2006 or 2007, I'm hoping somethings changed in 2 years.

My Wii is softmodded but I have read that any GC backup (multigame or not, shrunk or not, MiniDVD/DVD or DL-DVD) will not work on the Wii unless it's chipped.
I have "GCOS Loader (MultiGame ISO Creator v3.2.4F+)" and want to compile mine and my neighbours GC collection to just a few DVD's.
The Multigame GCOS image creator has a copy of GCOS that runs from the disc, and even supports dual layer (though I'm sticking to DVD-5's).

Basically:
- Can discs made from this program work on softmodded Wii's? (BTW. my DVD's work for movies and the japanese verision of WiiFit, on an EU console)
- If not, is there any other way without taking a screwdriver to the box. Like a GC loader (like Gamma but for GC mode)

samagon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no way to load GC games on the Wii without a modchip or an SD Gecko/Wiikey SD. The SD gecko is a GC memory card adapter that takes SD cards. It is really not worth the effort to get it running. Most games dont run at all and those that do have really horrid audio issues and painfully slow FMV's.

Diffusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Heran Bago said:
Why are people so afraid of screwdrivers? It's just as safe as a soft-mod. You can brick your wii with either if you're an idiot, but doing the actual work isn't so bad.
Yeah. The Wii was the only thing I could ever take apart and put back together.
tongue.gif

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bugaveli said:
wanna piss the whole forum off?
ask if you can load GC games without a chip

Ooo Ooo OOO!!! I want a go at it!

Basically it isn't possible yet. People are working at it but I'm pretty sure its a long way off. You can get a GeckoSD or whatever it is but its pretty bad. I'd just get a modchip since they're close in price and its pretty easy to do if you get a solderless one. If you get one that needs soldering test your abilities before going at it because if you screw up... yeah.

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heran Bago said:
Why are people so afraid of screwdrivers? It's just as safe as a soft-mod. You can brick your wii with either if you're an idiot, but doing the actual work isn't so bad.

It's the solder they are more afraid of, and trust me, most people CAN'T solder those little drivechips.

Diffusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
It's the solder they are more afraid of, and trust me, most people CAN'T solder those little drivechips.

They can always use those new 100% solderless ribbon cables chips. I think pretty much anyone can install one of those without screwing it up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.