Pikx45

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello there!

I just recently got a refurbished Wii from gamestop running 4.2U. I was able to softmod it and play Wii games off of USB Loader GX and the likes. Yet when I attempt to play off GC Backup launcher I get the "Failed to Read DVD 263 0x3023a00 No disk" error. I installed mIOS v4, v5 ,v8 and v10. I installed cIOS rev 17 which I knew wouldn't work but attempted anyway. I have rev 14 installed now and am receiving the same error. Is it possible the store put a D3-2 drive into the Wii? How would I check what drive is installed? Any help would be appreciated!

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) Make sure the discs you are using are burned at low speeds (4x is the best).
2) It is possible your wii already had the D3-2 drive. You would need to open your wii to find out. There are guides out there to help you identify your drive.

Pikx45

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just did a check on Drive Checker. Theres a 75% chance the chipset is GC2-D3-2 (v2) with no drive chip. Does the no drive chip part mean it doesn't have the bad drive? And I've burned muliple times multiple games. All fail with the same error. It's pointing towards I might just return it and get a used console. THe copyright is 2006 btw

Thanks for the quick response Tonitonichopchop!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: